Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-23, 07:09 PM  
donnamp

Donna D - with the Amazon return - do you just drop off with the label or does it need to be packaged? I, of course, recycled the box it came in!

I'm on the fence about keeping it - I doubt I will use it for "workouts" - I'd rather follow a video. But maybe as a reference. I do have her two other books though. So not sure I "need" this one - I was lured by the chance to win a free year of ETV!

Donna

Edited to add - maybe I should keep it after all. It was 'free' b/c I used my Discover cash back points to pay for it.
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 08:05 PM  
star117

Most places box for you, but check before you go
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 01:44 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Donna D - with the Amazon return - do you just drop off with the label or does it need to be packaged? I, of course, recycled the box it came in!

I'm on the fence about keeping it - I doubt I will use it for "workouts" - I'd rather follow a video. But maybe as a reference. I do have her two other books though. So not sure I "need" this one - I was lured by the chance to win a free year of ETV!

Donna

Edited to add - maybe I should keep it after all. It was 'free' b/c I used my Discover cash back points to pay for it.
Hope you enjoy your book! but for future reference - Google "Amazon Drop off Locations". (We have one in our Whole Foods Store.) Carry your item and return label (or picture of the label accessible on your phone). They will package it. With in a minute you will receive a conformation email from Amazon that they are processing your return. If the item is from Amazon warehouse stock you will get an instant refund otherwise it may take a couple of days. Very easy.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 06:52 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Carly!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

You can also go to any UPS store with just the item and the return code on your phone. They will also package it and send it for you. You get instant confirmation from amazon.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-23, 08:10 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I received the book from the library the day it was released. I'm actually going to purchase the book now! I love it! I am definitely a "paper workout" type of person. I will enjoy learning the moves and sequences at my own pace. (For reference - way-back-when, when I was a child, I taught myself classical ballet by using books and quickly jumped into a mid-level class when I could afford to take class. So I'm feeling pretty confident I'll enjoy Miranda's "manual".)
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-23, 10:02 PM  
BunnyHop

Received my copy today, and I like the look of it so far.

I'm totally comfortable with the idea of planning my own routines and just following a sequence without video backup. These days I find I'm more comfortable moving at a slower pace, which can be a challenge with video.
Old 03-05-23, 12:52 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I looked at it at barnes and noble today and passed on it.
Old 03-05-23, 09:39 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
I should have known better after purchasing the last book! Pages 33 - 427 are all pictures with instructions on how to do the exercise.

Just requested a return authorization from Amazon; I can drop off at a UPS store tomorrow.
Thank you. I am definitely a follow-along/DVD workout kind of person.
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-23, 08:03 PM  
Lannette

I just wanted to share that purchasing the Kindle version of the book qualifies you for the bonuses. I registered my kindle purchase on the Essentrics site and today I received an email with a link. There are three short videos and a PDF workbook to use with the book.

I’m still enjoying the book and pulling some Essentrics training back into my workout schedule. The book is allowing me to look at Essentrics with fresh eyes. (I do own the other books.)

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness books, miranda, miranda esmonde-white