Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-23, 12:58 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have been looking at a Breville that dices that is WAY out of my price range. I will either save up Amazon reward points for a VERY long time while I think about it, or buy a Cuisinart. The Breville is really heavy and I would have to leave it out on the counter. I don't really need one that high end. I saw it being used on the you tube channel."Well your World" and it works so easily.

We have a Breville and it is wonderful. Last week I used it for making chickpea patties and it was easy to clean as it can go in the dishwasher on the top shelf.
When we moved cross country a few years ago the movers broke our Breville, and our Kitchen Aid stand mixer. That cost us quite a bit to replace as prices have increased over the years. I guess they don't care where they stack boxes even if they are marked fragile.
We also have a smaller Cuisinart mini food processor and I use that a lot too.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-23, 12:59 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I inherited a cuisinart from my mom so I think it must be from the 1970s or 80s. Still works great but the base is a bit heavy (I have to move it from the pantry shelf to the kitchen island when I use it). I use it mainly for dry ingredient stuff or making the dough for my lemon cookies.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-23, 01:20 PM  
BunnyHop

I have the 14 cup Cuisinart, and definitely prefer that brand to the Kitchen Aid.

My dad bought a good many of them since they first became widely available in the seventies, and started with Cuisinart. The first few had some issues, then he got a KitchenAid that lasted a good 20 years. He also had a smaller KitchenAid that was great, but it eventually died. They made the replacement ones way too small, IMO, plus, the quality just wasn't there.
For a while I had a big Kitchen Aid that had a smaller insert bowl. Nice idea, but messy concept. As others have mentioned, the KA all seemed to collect gunk in places that couldn't be reached for washing. Ick. When those died, (fairly quickly) a friend gifted me her older Cuisinart and it was so great I bought another pretty much just like it. https://smile.amazon.com/Cuisinart-D.../dp/B01AXM4WV2

It's been just great.

IMO, the KitchenAid brand just isn't what it used to be. My KA mixer needs repair, and if I need to replace it, I won't be getting a KA again. I don't seem to miss its absence too much, which is why I've dragged my feet on repairing it.

I do seem to have replaced food processors fairly quickly when they've died, which tells me that of the two, the food processor has been most useful.

FYI, I use my (large) food processor for all sorts of stuff, even mixing some doughs and batters.

I haven't bothered getting another small one, handy as it was for certain things. (The KA small one that replaced the small workhorse was a real dud, sadly.)

Sorry to ramble, but I can relate to the difficulties in figuring out how to decide what to buy and how much to spend.
Old 02-16-23, 01:33 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
We have a Breville and it is wonderful. Last week I used it for making chickpea patties and it was easy to clean as it can go in the dishwasher on the top shelf.
When we moved cross country a few years ago the movers broke our Breville, and our Kitchen Aid stand mixer. That cost us quite a bit to replace as prices have increased over the years. I guess they don't care where they stack boxes even if they are marked fragile.
We also have a smaller Cuisinart mini food processor and I use that a lot too.
That is terrible! Those are much expensive things to replace. I am so sorry that happened.

Do you.just leave the Breville out on the counter? The one I am looking at is too heavy to take out each time .

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-23, 01:56 PM  
ardnas

I bought my Cuisinart 10yrs ago at a local Kohls. This is the model I bought that is still going strong.
Old 02-16-23, 02:17 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

This is the one I bought in 2006 and is still going strong:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ETA-I definitely would rather buy a high end item that will last than keep replacing things. I gave up on all those Magic Bullet or Ninja types of Blenders. They break and it's frustrating.

DH bought me a Vitamix years ago that also is going strong.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-23, 04:30 PM  
mimikz

I have the 14-cup Cuisinart and the little guy, 4 cup I believe. Love them both.

Cooks Illustrated/ATK recommends them as both top winners

M
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-23, 09:31 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
That is terrible! Those are much expensive things to replace. I am so sorry that happened.

Do you.just leave the Breville out on the counter? The one I am looking at is too heavy to take out each time .
I don't leave it out on the counter but I would if I had space. Currently the Kitchen Aid is on the counter and I keep the Cuisinart in one of the cabinets. I usually ask my husband to take it out before I use it but if he forgets I just stand on a chair or stepladder.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food processor, off topic, off-topic