Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-23, 12:46 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Here's another channel that is marketed to women over 40, Fab and Fit Over Forty with Rhoda:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6cE7ZT3dnJc2jg

That's a link to her January 2023 playlist - the plan is 5 days of weight workouts, a stretch workout and then a day off.

Workouts are about thirty minutes long. The workouts are not as visually pleasing as Cee's workouts, but they aren't bad.

Carol
This is new to me. I like what I’ve seen so far! Thanks!
ETA: I do have a pet peeve re: echo-y audio…but I think I’ll still give this one a try. (Usually poor audio is an automatic *nope* but I’m feeling magnanimous today.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 04:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
This is new to me. I like what I’ve seen so far! Thanks!
ETA: I do have a pet peeve re: echo-y audio…but I think I’ll still give this one a try. (Usually poor audio is an automatic *nope* but I’m feeling magnanimous today.
Snort LOL! Not a fan of the production values, but I figure folks are doing the best they can at the moment, especially as they launch their channel. Jessica Valant's audio used to be far worse than it is these days; I guess she just didn't have the necessary equipment or expertise in the beginning.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 08:06 AM  
donnamp

Thanks for sharing that playlist, Carol!!!

It looks good and I'm in a slump/phase of - "I'm bored with everything out there that I have done/tried but don't know what else to do!"

This looks like a nice do-able plan.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 02:40 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I just wanted to report that I did the first workout of the Gains program with Coach Ali and I really liked it. There was a link at the end of the workout to a playlist of after workout stretches, led by someone named Daphne. I look forward to continuing this series.

BUILD MUSCLES AT HOME || Gains Home Dumbbell Workout Series By Coach Ali || Workout 1

Static Stretching with Daphne

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-23, 02:43 PM  
ellaenchanted

TheWKout on Youtube has heavier lifting workouts. Her style is to lift with with power as opposed to going slow on the up and down.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-23, 03:02 AM  
Negin

I'm looking into some of the suggestions already mentioned, but quite a few intimidate me. Too many moves that I hate and/or can't do - push-ups and what not.

I realize that I care about production quality, setting, and all that. I know it may sound shallow, but it is what it is. I prefer videos that are somewhat visually appealing. Bailey Brown's channel is gorgeous and high quality, but unfortunately, not much strength training. Olivia Lawson's channel is great also. In fact, I'm about to try out this workout in the next few minutes.

So far I haven't found my sweet spot. I'm continuously searching.

Lift with Cee was a perfect fit for me, but I am concerned about her possibly removing workouts, since she seems to have had no problem with doing them so far.

I'd love to find a good channel that focuses on:
  • Strength training for women over 50, or, at the very least, over 40
  • Preferably with little to no jumping
  • Nothing overly complicated or advanced
  • No push-ups, or, at the very least, few of them
  • No jumping
  • Nothing too fast and intense
  • Preferably not too much chatter - but I can be flexible about that

I love Olivia Lawson, but there are many of her workouts that I simply can't do - too advanced and too much jumping. She's much younger after all. That's what I loved about Cee. Cee is in my age group. Another thing about Olivia is that not all of her workouts are pure strength training. You have to search. I'd like to find some channels that are as close to Cee's as possible.

So far, I'm looking into:

fitbymik - I did do a few of her workouts a while back, and they were just okay. I'm looking into her again.

Caroline Girvan - I have yet to try her out.

If anyone has any suggestions for similar channels, please do share. I hope that it's okay that I'm posting here. I don't intend to hijack this thread and take away from the OP.
Old 01-26-23, 10:18 AM  
Leonana

I like Jessica Smith’s newer workouts from the past year. They move slower with heavier weights, low impact and geared for older women. There are only seven strength workouts at the moment, but there are also cardio, abs and mobility workouts.

Maybe you can make a playlist with your favorite workouts from different instructors. Not as ideal as sticking with one person, but it would give you a bigger variety.
Old 01-27-23, 03:31 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I like Jessica Smith’s newer workouts from the past year.
I love Jessica and have recently started streaming her. I haven't yet had time to look into her newer strength workouts, but now I will. I'm excited about that! Thank you for the reminder.

I have many playlists, too many if you ask me, but I guess that I'm a true vidiot. Lift with Cee was among my most recent favorites. I was hoping to find something similar.
Old 01-27-23, 06:09 AM  
donnamp

Negin - you may like Senior Shape with Lauren -

Her production values are very good, I think. I find her almost Ellen-lke in her ability to make me feel "zen" while working out. She has a nice mix of strength, cardio, barre, Pilates, stretching/yoga.

She posts one new video a week and has recently started posting weekly playlists.

https://www.youtube.com/@SeniorShapeFitness

I don't know if she was mentioned above. I wouldn't say her stuff is for "seniors" - it is mostly intermediate-low-intermediate. The pace is slow enough so you can watch your form.

You may also want to look at some of the advanced/intermediate workouts from Silver & Fit on You Tube.

And, i don't know if Improved Health - on You Tube was mentioned, but her channel is one I plan to look into more deeply.

Jessica Valent also offers some basic weight workouts. I'm not sure if they are on You Tube or just her paid site - but she offers some basic upper and lower body strength training routines.

Hope this helps!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-23, 05:55 AM  
Negin

Donna, thank you. I love Senior Shape with Lauren. Her production quality and videos are soothing, and she always strikes me as ever so classy. She reminds me a bit of Kate Middleton, whom I adore. I need to do more of her workouts, especially the strength ones. Thanks for the reminder. I appreciate that she doesn't overwhelm with too many videos, a la Burpee Girl. I get overwhelmed easily. Once or twice a week is my limit, other than when there are challenges, etc.

Silver and Fit hasn't appealed to me yet.

I also enjoy Improved Health, as well as Jessica Valant, although I haven't seen that many strength ones of hers, probably because I don't subscribe to her paid site.

Tags
basic strength workouts, lift with cee, over 50, youtube channels, youtube strength