Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-22, 10:39 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

I used Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate. It was a paid program--don't remember how much I paid, but it worked well.

I have all my digital workout conversions stored on an external 3T SSD hard drive attached to my laptop. I also have an SSD hard drive copy plugged into my Smart TV.

I also have them uploaded to OneDrive and Dropbox (I have paid storage subscriptions there) so I can stream them wherever I am.

Leslie
Old 11-13-22, 02:47 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Leslie, Did you use an MP4 format? I see that Aimersoft can be used on Mac or PC. I have both so I'm flexible. Apple/Mac has always seemed to be much more proprietary with what can be used with their OS. I don't mind paying for a software that works well. I just looked at their site and the paid version is $36 for one PC or Mac.

hypnomoon, the Aimersoft website says the software can be used with Mac or iPhone, etc. as well as with PC. I've been finding recently that many software developers are adaptable to both operating systems.

Great discussion and I've learned a lot from it so far!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 04:00 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Cataddict, yes, I used MP4 format.

I'm Windows/Android all the way, so I have no clue about Apple products.

I also have my SSD selected for backup to Backblaze, along with the computer's main hard drive.

Leslie
Old 11-13-22, 04:59 PM  
warriorprincess

I used Handbrake to rip all my dvds on my Mac. I have all my videos backed up to two external drives, in case one goes. I have an old Mac whose sole purpose is to play videos from one of these hard drives to my old dumb Samsung TV.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-22, 07:52 PM  
Helen

DVD shrink will take a DVD and save it to a file that you can burn and play just like the original DVD. Also, if it was double density and would have required an 8+GB disc (which cost $5 rather than $0.50 per disc to buy blanks), DVD shrink will save it as a 4.7GB file if you want it to - the visual clarity is reduced, but I can't tell when it plays onscreen.

I use DVD shrink 3.2 on a 2020 iMac - it did NOT work on my 2010 iMac, and had always used it on a PC laptop for a decade - was super miffed to have lost it, then overjoyed when it worked on the NEW iMac.

So long as I save to a place on the iMac, it saves as an .iso file. If I ask it to save outside the mac (eg USB) then it does a weirdness saving 10 or so files, can't recall the extension. When I realised it only did that saving off the HDD, and I can easily copy for HDD to external - yay! ALL my workouts are now stored on externals as a burnable/playable dvd with all the menus & playlists, sound options - BAM!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backing up dvd, backing up dvds to a mac, digital storage, ripping dvds, tech, tech help