Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-22, 08:03 PM  
Lorelai

Classical Stretch?

It's been a VERY long time since I've posted here. We moved to a new state, and then it took some time for us to land in our "forever" home. I've had three babies in the past 7 years. My body has become foreign, and workouts that I used to use as a beginner, like Jessica Smith or Ellen Barrett, are too quick, have too many twists, or too many big ranges of motion for this out of shape body right now. After my third pregnancy, my core muscles are pretty much non-existent. I tweaked my lower back pretty good and now I'm trying to figure out how to go from here. I know I need to exercise intentionally, and I'm trying to find a way to do that so that I will slowly build up strength and cardio capacity, as well as increase flexibility and core stability so that I can go back to my old favorites without (hopefully) hurting myself again. I can get there again, right? 😅😭

Anyway, it occurred to me that I should look into Classical Stretch. I'm looking for a season recommendation, preferably, that maybe has good episodes for tight hip flexors and hamstrings, plus low back and posture muscles. Gentle core work. All or mostly standing. My 2 year old will pounce if I get on the floor. 😅 I'm not completely opposed to streaming if you have amazing recommendations, but I do live out in a rural area and if I stream it might be on my phone. A bigger screen would be nice! Hahaha. Oh, and I'm a Classical Stretch newbie, although in the past I've always been intrigued by both CS and Esssntrics (mainly I had financial issues back them and didn't try them for that reason, but that's less of an issue now). I'd love to find a season that has good instructions. I've never been very good at making a schedule and then following it (I usually did better if I picked based on how I was feeling that day), but at this point, I might need a schedule so that I don't overdo or even underdo (is that a word) it?

Thanks for reading all that. I'm really glad this forum is still here and active. 💜

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, dislike, pelvic tuck, restarting, season 4, twisting