Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-21, 05:36 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Thanks for the reminder about new products...both Gin Miller and Natalie Jill had made the "going gone" page with some of these titles.

Good to see I may have another chance with some of these

Oh and Seriously strong is a great dvd.
After reading through this thread and your post, I realized that I have never done a straight weight workout with Gin Miller. I've done her step workouts many times and some circuit step workouts, but never strictly weights. So I took your advice and did Seriously Strong today. Yep, all of it. I don't have a barbell, so I stuck to dumbbells throughout and got a great workout! I thought one of the core sections was weird (where she is on her side on the step), but maybe it is just because I've never done these moves before. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll do more Gin weight workouts in the future.
Old 03-20-21, 06:55 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
After reading through this thread and your post, I realized that I have never done a straight weight workout with Gin Miller. I've done her step workouts many times and some circuit step workouts, but never strictly weights. So I took your advice and did Seriously Strong today. Yep, all of it. I don't have a barbell, so I stuck to dumbbells throughout and got a great workout! I thought one of the core sections was weird (where she is on her side on the step), but maybe it is just because I've never done these moves before. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll do more Gin weight workouts in the future.
I put Seriously Strong on my TFDVD wishlist!
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 12:51 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
It happens...the Self videos disappeared after we discussed them on this forum
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 12:52 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
It is one of the toughest workouts I have ever done, but Intense Moves is a great video. I am in complete awe of Gin's fitness in this one. I am always humbled after doing this workout, but it makes me feel like a bit of an athlete afterwards.

I think it is great that Gin offers her workouts on YouTube. Christi Taylor does the same with some of hers. Really, there can't be that much of a retail market for 20ish-year old workouts, no matter how amazing they still are, just given the current decline in DVD sales combined with the trend to streaming services, so it's not as though they are losing sales by doing so. (Wouldn't it be great if Greg Twombly did the same with the CIA catalogue?)
I would love to see the CIAs on YouTube! I hate that a lot of them were not ever released on DVD.
Old 03-22-21, 12:00 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Whenever I see Greg Twombly's name in the credits of my DVDs, I can't help but feel so grateful for all the good stuff he had a part in putting out there. I would be overjoyed to see CIA stuff on YouTube or on some download/streaming offering (I do prefer downloads as I like to "own" things). And I do still hoard DVDs because I know they can't be taken away from me. I sure do hope Gin Miller's channel will stay up there because she is amazing and she should be discovered by others who weren't stepping with her 20 years ago!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 06:45 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykram View Post
I would love to see the CIAs on YouTube! I hate that a lot of them were not ever released on DVD.
You are making me want to do my Janis Saffell CIA kickbox on vhs..

alisoncooks I should have used another example but I'd have to search. I have links of essentrics, stretch and mobility that are dead because the instructor took them down. Youtube frustrates me.

Wendy and kristie..happy to enable!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 08:21 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
I sure do hope Gin Miller's channel will stay up there because she is amazing and she should be discovered by others who weren't stepping with her 20 years ago!
I hope so too! She deserves to be discovered by a new generation of steppers.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 03:45 PM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Whenever I see Greg Twombly's name in the credits of my DVDs, I can't help but feel so grateful for all the good stuff he had a part in putting out there. I would be overjoyed to see CIA stuff on YouTube or on some download/streaming offering (I do prefer downloads as I like to "own" things). And I do still hoard DVDs because I know they can't be taken away from me. I sure do hope Gin Miller's channel will stay up there because she is amazing and she should be discovered by others who weren't stepping with her 20 years ago!
Completely agree

Tags
gin miller