Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-16, 12:26 PM  
Cafelattee

I'm not familiar with Gin but I want that topper for the step. I don't do step like what ya consider step workout's LOL. I use my step for box jumps, straddle jumps stuff . I could see this being a little less impact, but add more of a balance challenge to some of my favorite moves.

I like the pylo clip from her website. I do the burpee straddle jump one of my favorite moves on the current step. I totally want to try it on that cushy top

But its a future purchase right now I got other stuff that's needed more that a want kwim , dang it sucks being a financial responsible person
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 12:30 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Darn, i was considering it, but not for 200. I still use a Denise Austin foam step from time to time. It is too short though and I'd love a full length version. I think I saw full length version in a thrift shop one day. I live near a town that seems to have a thrift shop row, I may take a look around.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-16, 07:14 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBetty View Post
It's a type. I guess because using that step would be as difficult as doing step aerobics while high?
Fantastic! And - yeah - I have ankle instability and that was about my reaction to that thing. Not for me.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 11:47 PM  
Sarakt

Thumbs up I bought it with my wellness dollars

I LOVE it! I did Cathe step on it. You do need to be careful to jump and not drag your feet. Or keep one foot on the step at all times to ensure you don't trip. Like it better than my Bosu and STEP 360!

I didn't buy the risers. I use my step risers and they work fine.

Last edited by Sarakt; 01-18-17 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Typo;
Sarakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 06:31 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Is it really squishy?

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 09:12 AM  
Sarakt

I like that it takes out joint impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Is it really squishy?
It's kind of a firm squishy? It feels more stable to me than bosu, etc.
Old 01-19-17, 11:31 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

There's a few clips on youtube demonstrating the use of the KUSHH! Here's one with the plyo moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu05tq5S37M

I love the idea of the cushioned platform taking out some of the high impact, but it still looks challenging.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 09:36 PM  
Mickey12

This looks so awesome! I might have to consider it. I like the idea of doing stretches on it and the pilates moves Gin demonstrates. I think it would feel really nice for strength moves lying down. I always seem to clunk my head down on my step when I do bench presses, etc.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 07:27 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Sarakt: I have watched the youtube stuff before and I wondered because you can see the top giving in quite a bit with the weight. If it's better than a BOSU that wouldn't be bad at all. Just wondered about rolling an ankle if you were moving fast or something.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 09:44 AM  
Sarakt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
Sarakt: I have watched the youtube stuff before and I wondered because you can see the top giving in quite a bit with the weight. If it's better than a BOSU that wouldn't be bad at all. Just wondered about rolling an ankle if you were moving fast or something.
I didn't have any problems with my ankles rolling and mine are weak as heck! I was more concerned a couple of times about my foot kind of dragging on the top. I had this issue on the Step:360 when I would jump over. I found as long as I'm careful about not dragging my foot or keeping one foot on for low impact, there is no problem. So far, it's my fave of the 3 because I feel like I can actually use it for step (my fave cardio).

Tags
gin miller, kushh