Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-01-17, 11:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Post The best apps to help you achieve your resolutions for 2017.

The are some good suggestions here:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...solutions-2017

Or, you could do this:

“May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early! My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall!”
― Aleister Crowley, Moonchild

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 11:57 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Thanks for sharing!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 01:20 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

MyFitnessPal & ManageMyPain apps

Great thread! I like the focus on goals and lifestyle upgrades instead of resolutions.

Last year my daughter told me she had used the free app MyFitnessPal to track her intake and exercise and how helpful it was. I decided to try it for two weeks only - just to get a bird's eye view of my habits. I am not a daily-tracker kind of person.

I was not surprised to find I wasn't getting enough steps in (cardio) or that I was taking in way too much sugar. But what did surprise me was that I am not getting anything near the 20-30 grams of fiber I need daily. So now I strive to get more fiber in everything I eat. That's been doable and helpful.

I have a chronic illness and I have found the ManageMyPain app very helpful. Just by logging my pain levels and what worked and what didn't work has helped me nail down stressors that cause flare-ups.

Just not being able to click a box that says I tried icing or stretching to relieve my pain has revealed my competitive side - I do these more now because I want my numbers to look better.

Being able to print out reports that show results and trends is helpful for my doctors, too - they can customize and time treatments to improve their benefits.

I am interested in what other apps users post about here that help them achieve their goals.
Old 01-02-17, 03:54 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Great thread, Alta!

I like the Lose It app. It's been improved over the years, and it has a huge database of most foods, including brands, restaurant and supermarket foods, with calories and nutritional breakdowns. They even figure out your foods by taking a photo of it (I haven't tried that yet, but it sounds very cool). It sets your goal calories for the day, based on data that you enter, and how much weight you want to lose in a given period of time.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-17, 10:46 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've been trying the Streaks app for a few days. I like that it is very simple and customizable.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness apps, health apps, new year goals, resolutions