Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-16, 12:45 PM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Cher - Thanks for your input on the Low Impact Series. We will give Cardio SuperSets a go but I have a feeling that the Low Impact HIIT from Xtrain and Low Impact Sweat are a better fit for me. CSS looks to be on par with Athletic Training which has a big dread factor for me. So, maybe that was a mistake. Oh well! At least I am not making as many buying mistakes as I am used to.
I did keep Athletic Training too but it's tough and I haven't done it in a long time. I hated Afterburn....just killed me and had way to much dread. I think CSS is easier but what I didn't like about CSS was that she repeats the moves in it and I hate repeating something I already dread. Usually if I do it, I will only do each move once. Also, it's drills and I hate drill moves....much prefer "fun" cardio.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 05:39 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
I did keep Athletic Training too but it's tough and I haven't done it in a long time. I hated Afterburn....just killed me and had way to much dread. I think CSS is easier but what I didn't like about CSS was that she repeats the moves in it and I hate repeating something I already dread. Usually if I do it, I will only do each move once. Also, it's drills and I hate drill moves....much prefer "fun" cardio.
I don't care for drills or repeats either, but the option is there to skip the second set though. I liked the looks of the bonus step segment, I think that is what sold me on it. I will give it a try. I am pleased to hear that it's not quite as tough as AT. There is a part of me that wants to try AT once more though just to see if I can do it. Even if it's on a 6 inch step.

AB, I thought about that one because there is a premix for just one round but no. Don't even want to go there.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-16, 06:48 AM  
Cher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I don't care for drills or repeats either, but the option is there to skip the second set though. I liked the looks of the bonus step segment, I think that is what sold me on it. I will give it a try. I am pleased to hear that it's not quite as tough as AT. There is a part of me that wants to try AT once more though just to see if I can do it. Even if it's on a 6 inch step.

AB, I thought about that one because there is a premix for just one round but no. Don't even want to go there.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on all your purchases once you try them! Have fun! It's great having new workouts!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 09:16 AM  
mle777

What exactly is it about ICE that you guys like? Are you doing all of the workouts or just the strength workouts?

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 09:23 AM  
PhyllisG

I am doing Metabolic Body....my favorite, chiseled UB and To The Mat....floor work which I always like. They are about 45 Minutes, keep my heart rate slightly elevated, not much equipment and no endless reps. Plus I find them fun. I have always liked Csthe so it is nice working out with her again. I find them intermediate or at least by Cathe's standards.

Last edited by PhyllisG; 10-27-16 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Incomplete
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 09:24 AM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
What exactly is it about ICE that you guys like? Are you doing all of the workouts or just the strength workouts?
i like it because its the only intermediate dvds that she makes. i mix Ice with her other dvds in a rotation alternating between an advanced dvd to an intermediate dvd.

i don't really consider weight training dvds (kettlebells excluded) to have a beginner, intermediate, advanced rating. i've always felt that weight training levels are achieved by the amount of weight you use because most of the weight training moves can be done by any fitness level.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 10:58 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
ICE is by far my absolute FAVORITE Cathe series for a number of reasons.

My #1 reason is this: It is an intermediate series with graduated levels of intensity that I can control!

They clock in around 45 mins

I love the music!

So many good premix choices

The muscle meltdowns are quick, to the point, and fun!

I'm sure I'll think of other reasons after I post this comment. I don't think I will ever get tired of using ICE! I have started to incorporate Cathe's RWH weight workouts into my rotation just to mix up the Muscle Meltdown giant sets with more traditional sets.
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-16, 02:03 PM  
mle777

Thanks ladies! Now I want these

3x Tough Mudder
Old 10-27-16, 02:18 PM  
PhyllisG

I also bought FlexTrain and Lean Legs and Abs. I like both of these also. I will check out her new ones. But there is no way I am going back to her older workouts. There is virtually nothing I am interested in reacquiring.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-16, 09:57 AM  
mle777

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I am doing Metabolic Body....my favorite, chiseled UB and To The Mat....floor work which I always like. They are about 45 Minutes, keep my heart rate slightly elevated, not much equipment and no endless reps. Plus I find them fun. I have always liked Csthe so it is nice working out with her again. I find them intermediate or at least by Cathe's standards.
I went ahead and ordered these three They were all about $18 on Amazon

3x Tough Mudder

Tags
flex train, ice, ice series