Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-15, 07:24 AM  
Heather308

Reebok Original Step Workout

Last night I found the original Reebok Step workout on YouTube. I don't know what drove me to search for it.....it's not like I don't have HUNDREDS of workouts to throw in my player! Anyway, I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this workout! I think I will be adding this into my rotation and add hand weights to the first portion as its a bit slower and controlled. The last time I did this was a couple of decades ago, but the music and the memory of the routine made it seem like I just did it yesterday! Love those motivational drums!!!!
Heather308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 08:10 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Isn't it fun? I purchased the DVD last year after holding onto the VHS for years. I bought the VHS in 1992 along with the Reebok step and it was my first step video. I love the music, the backgrounders and Gin Miller. It's still a good workout; I'm always surprised by how sweaty I am and how high my HR gets.
Old 01-20-15, 08:13 AM  
Sandrine

+1 on this! Now if they would just put the Power Workout on youtube...I've always wanted to try that one after seeing the promos for it on other Reebok w/o's.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 12:59 PM  
mspina

The drums!!!!!! OMG, the number of times I must have done that workout.... I bet it's still great today!

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-15, 01:11 PM  
antbuko

It's a favorite of mine too! It was my second step work out which came with my second step, a Reebok Step.
Old 01-20-15, 01:25 PM  
SeptemberGirl

Wow, that brings back memories! I remember in high school, our gym instructor brought in a copy of the Reebok step workout and our class had to do it together, two times a week for a month. I always thought it was hard back then and had a difficult time keeping up with it. Wonder how I would do now if I tried it, haha!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 03:02 PM  
scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
Isn't it fun? I purchased the DVD last year after holding onto the VHS for years. I bought the VHS in 1992 along with the Reebok step and it was my first step video. I love the music, the backgrounders and Gin Miller. It's still a good workout; I'm always surprised by how sweaty I am and how high my HR gets.
I loved the original, too, and was surprised to see it in DVD. I ordered it - and was so disappointed to find out they didn't even bother to chapter it. It is like one long chapter.. ads at beginning on through to the end. You cannot skip to a part. You have to find the beginning of the DVD every friggin time.

Other people complained about this too. Looks like Gin Miller just copied the tape to video to make a quick buck. Really disappointing.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 03:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I got this VHS when it first came out (1992?) and I did is so much, that I probably wore out 4-5 pairs of....well, Reeboks, stepping with Gin! I loved it! Couple of years ago I found it on youtube and always meant to do it again, but until now, I forgot about it. I should give it a try. Oh, I still have that VHS but no VHS player. I can't part with it just like I can't part with my "classic" Firms.
Old 10-02-16, 03:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post
+1 on this! Now if they would just put the Power Workout on youtube...I've always wanted to try that one after seeing the promos for it on other Reebok w/o's.
i think i saw it last month over there - yes - it's in spanish though. sometimes, if you search for one of them, you get the others as "suggestions" on the right sidebar. and oftentimes, they rename it so that it flies under the radar.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gin miller, reebok step, reebok the video, step reebok