Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-16, 06:27 PM  
desderata

Metabolic Total Body is one of Cathe's very best workouts, ever, imo. It's a don't miss. I also like the kickbox one, then low impact sweat, then lower body - that one is not very intense, I much prefer the lower body blast from the Xtrain series. I don't care for To the Mat at all - it doesn't feel intense enough to be effective and I wonder what some of the moves are supposed to do. I'm on the fence about chiseled upper body as well. I don't regret getting the entire series because as I age I'm having to modify more and more of Cathe's cardio so I know I will get a lot of use out of this set. I also use LIS more than I did the first couple of years I had it.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 07:26 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
Metabolic Total Body is one of Cathe's very best workouts, ever, imo. It's a don't miss. I also like the kickbox one, then low impact sweat, then lower body - that one is not very intense, I much prefer the lower body blast from the Xtrain series. I don't care for To the Mat at all - it doesn't feel intense enough to be effective and I wonder what some of the moves are supposed to do. I'm on the fence about chiseled upper body as well. I don't regret getting the entire series because as I age I'm having to modify more and more of Cathe's cardio so I know I will get a lot of use out of this set. I also use LIS more than I did the first couple of years I had it.
Interesting about the lower body workout being less intense, honestly I think that is what I will like best about it. I still do standing lower body work but am toying with lowering my weights etc just to see what it does. I also want to incorporate more floor work. I don't mind standing leg work but in short doses. Those long lengthy sets that Cathe is known for in some of her workouts, including low ends and pulses, not a fan. I think I just peter out after a bit and don't want to do anymore. Probably why ICE is so perfect for me, not too much or too little but just right!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 07:28 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
Thank you for enabling! I ended up ordering ICE and was able to use an August discount coupon because I also picked up CrossFire as a daily special. I am so HAPPY!!! This is a great set, and I like CrossFire, too. ICE was definitely made for me. So many options -- I will get tons of mileage out of these. My only knock is that sometimes Cathe goes too fast for me, but all in all, AWESOME!!!

Now I'm wondering if I should pre-order her new series. The 5-DVD set is a deal at $50. But I don't need it. . .then again it could be like ICE. . .

Enablement. . .it can be a good thing
Yay! So glad you like it! Always happy to enable...it's my duty after all! I feel upon finding a series as great as this for fellow intermediates, I must spread the word!

I likely won't be ordering her new series but if I hear it's anything like ICE, I might have to pounce!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice, cathe ice series, cathe metabolic, flex train, ice series, to the mat