Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-16, 09:38 AM  
BamaTanya

Having trouble figuring out videos on my Android Ellipsis tablet.

I used my laptop to move some of my frequently used videos (converted to mp4) to my tablet, thinking it would be less awkward to use for my workouts.

The videos are there. However, they display as thumbnails instead of by title. I have to touch each one and select "details" to see which video it is. Is there a way to get the videos to display by title or at least WITH the title?

When I select "movies," it automatically tries to connect to the internet to stream or download movies. That's not what I want! I want the direct route to view the movies I have stored.

I'm doing something wrong. It can't be this complicated!
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 09:58 AM  
starbelly

Have you made a separate folder for your videos? I keep all of my videos on a Samsung (Android-based) tablet and it works well. When you connect your tablet to your laptop open file explorer and you can add a new folder to your tablet. Then drag and drop your videos into that folder.

Once the items are in the folder you can change how they display by clicking to change from icon to list view. There should be a button on the screen when you are inside the folder that allows you to change the format.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-16, 04:23 PM  
BamaTanya

Thanks for the suggestion. I had actually copied the whole folder from my computer onto the tablet, and it was classifying the folders as "albums" without showing the titles.

I found a free app to organize my tablet storage: the Astro File Manager. It classifies my stored files by type, i.e. books, movies, music, pictures. Now my titles (or at least the first part of the titles) are apparent with the thumbnail.

I thought I'd share in case someone else could use this.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, tablet