Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-16, 10:27 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catahoula Cate View Post
.... I couldn't get down the floor and back up for quite sometime so cleared off my dining room table and put my exercise pad on top of it. It worked perfectly for doing rehab exercises in the laying down position. Thankfully, fully recovered and the dining room table is back to itself...
Ouch! Glad to hear you've recovered.
I have a difficult time getting up and down from the floor (well, I can get down but not back up!)

I'm LOL, imagining using the table for exercise. That might would work except we also homeschool at the dining table, so it's always buried in books and papers. . But I may have to see what moves I can strategically translate to different spaces.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 10:30 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I looked at Getting Better, since it is often mentioned on injury threads. I'm not able to do the all fours position, though. (Can't put weight on my knee.) Would it still be worthwhile for someone who can't get in that position? (Or is that a large portion of the workout?)
There are breakdowns of the workout here:

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=2289

I can't go on all fours and I do this workout regularly. I sub dead-lifts or standing kick backs for the hamstring work she does. I also recommend putting the weights above the knees like Margaret demonstrates. That takes the strain off of the knee joint, but still works the leg.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-16, 10:30 AM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Run away from Kneehab if you have knee issues! It may be good for pre-hab, but the exercises are awkward and often done at high speed. My knees were very sore after trying some of her exercises. I don't know what she was thinking!
Although I am a fan of most of Jill Miller's DVD's, I have to agree with this. I *wanted* to like Kneehab, but as others have said, it seemed like she was trying too hard to be inventive and use props, and some movements look knee-risky if you are in a lot of pain/recently injured. Though the ones in the pre-hab category are still useful.

Wholeheartedly adding my vote for Strong Knees. Steady, well taught, versatile, something you can keep coming back to if injured again or simply want some lower intensity lower body exercises.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 06:43 PM  
tamib

Has anyone had any luck with the knee program in Pain Free by Pete Egoscue? I've been thinking about giving it a try.
Thanks.

Tammy
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting better, knee, knee exercises, knee rehabilitation, knee strengthening, kneehab, rehab your body, strong knees