Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-27-15, 01:54 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Got Cathe on Demand for the month. LOVED Metabolic workout. Are there any more workouts like this anywhere? Anyhow, bless her heart in thinking that an intermediate exerciser can do 50-100 overhead presses with 10 pounds.

If anyone hates this workout, I'd be happy to send you STS for it. (not like new but most of it in very good condition.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 02:13 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I'm not sure I have a favorite - I love all of them so far. I have Upper Body Chisel left to do. LOVE these ICE workouts!!

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 02:29 PM  
dbclark44

My favorite so far is MTB. I did it this morning and liked it more than I did CUB, and LIS#1.

I did the MTB workout as is, no premixes or blizzard blasts so did not have any jumping jacks. I think those are in the Blizzard Blasts on the DVD. MTB is a straight forward compound move weight workout, no cardio, and I loved it. Of course working legs with upper body makes it feel like a cardio workout, but I enjoyed the challenge of this one and hung in there with Cathe weight for weight. So far of the 3 I've done, this is my fave.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 02:41 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I just did Metabolic Total Body and I think it definitely edges out Chiseled Upper Body for second place! I still adore Low Impact Sweat for number one, but this one exceeded my expectations for sure!

I was surprised that it had a much greater cardio effect than I expected and I loved that! The moves were very fresh and fun and I loved the compound nature of them. One thing I always do, though, is when Cathe is doing upright rows I substitute with a dumbbell high pull. Similar move but it hits the rear delts better and is less likely to risk impingement of the shoulder, imo. It's very easy to modify that. Otherwise it's a darn near perfect workout! I didn't do the Blizzard Blast today. I felt SO good when I got to the end of the main workout I decided to call it a day.
Old 12-27-15, 02:51 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbclark44 View Post
My favorite so far is MTB. I did it this morning and liked it more than I did CUB, and LIS#1.

I did the MTB workout as is, no premixes or blizzard blasts so did not have any jumping jacks. I think those are in the Blizzard Blasts on the DVD. MTB is a straight forward compound move weight workout, no cardio, and I loved it. Of course working legs with upper body makes it feel like a cardio workout, but I enjoyed the challenge of this one and hung in there with Cathe weight for weight. So far of the 3 I've done, this is my fave.
I had to look at my notes again. MTB Blizzard Blast has jumping jacks. I did CLB the day before and those had a ton of jacks. More than 5 is a ton. CLB has a premix that includes less jacks, which is good.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 02:54 PM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
One thing I always do, though, is when Cathe is doing upright rows I substitute with a dumbbell high pull.
I do this as well, it's a good sub.

ICE is an awesome series. It may edge out XTrain as my most favorite series EVER.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-15, 08:13 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2B View Post

ICE is an awesome series. It may edge out XTrain as my most favorite series EVER.
I agree! I think this is one of Cathe's best. I really liked CUB so far.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-15, 10:54 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Unhappy

Well I've found my least favorite ICE workout. Today I tried to do Rock'm Sock'm and I didn't like it at all. I actually quit at 22 minutes because I was getting so annoyed. I hated the warm up, which is so weird for a Cathe workout. In fact, just yesterday I was thinking about how much I LOVED the Total Metabolic Body warm up and that it was maybe my favorite Cathe warm up ever and now this one today. I didn't like the fast paced punching so early on in the warm up (my shoulders need more controlled punching to warm up). To be fair I always like to use 1 lb gloves but when I tried to take the gloves off I still hated the pace of the punches. Also, right after the warm up she goes into a leg blast with kicks and yet she never properly warms up the hamstrings in the warm up. As a result my range of motion was restricted during that first blast so I couldn't put much into it.

I was getting so annoyed that I stopped and previewed a few more chapters but didn't find much to inspire me to go on. I guess it's safe to say I strongly prefer KCM for boxing and Susan Chung for kickboxing.
Old 12-28-15, 07:25 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
Well I've found my least favorite ICE workout. Today I tried to do Rock'm Sock'm and I didn't like it at all. I actually quit at 22 minutes because I was getting so annoyed. I hated the warm up, which is so weird for a Cathe workout. In fact, just yesterday I was thinking about how much I LOVED the Total Metabolic Body warm up and that it was maybe my favorite Cathe warm up ever and now this one today. I didn't like the fast paced punching so early on in the warm up (my shoulders need more controlled punching to warm up). To be fair I always like to use 1 lb gloves but when I tried to take the gloves off I still hated the pace of the punches. Also, right after the warm up she goes into a leg blast with kicks and yet she never properly warms up the hamstrings in the warm up. As a result my range of motion was restricted during that first blast so I couldn't put much into it.

I was getting so annoyed that I stopped and previewed a few more chapters but didn't find much to inspire me to go on. I guess it's safe to say I strongly prefer KCM for boxing and Susan Chung for kickboxing.
I did this one today and so far it is my least favorite. It also has my least favorite Blizzard Blast. I think it is an improvement over her last couple of "kickboxing" dvds. I had high hopes, as I enjoyed her latest Live Kickboxing workout, but was disappointed in this one. Not sure if I will do it again.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, ice reviews, ice series, to the mat