Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-15-15, 09:10 AM  
TinaT

3 Month Update Since Joining the Gym

Back in June I joined our local Kroc Center with my husband to help motivate him to get back into shape. I gave myself 3 months to give it a go and see if it was something I'd stick with. While there have been a week here and there where we missed, I'd say we've gone more than we've missed. (due to renovating our home ourselves).

I can honestly say I think we benefited from it. It has caused me to look hard at what my body really needs in the area of weights vs cardio. While I feel like my cardio endurance has gotten better, my muscles haven't improved. My main use of the gym is for cardio with walking, and specific machines. No real huge numbers to report either. My dvds WILL be my saving grace in this area. I let dust collect for the most part on my dvds to be totally focused on the gym. I went through burnout of my collection, so taking a break from all of them really helped. Now I see the value in what I have and what my body has missed.

I will continue with the gym until the end of 2015, where I'll evaluate again and see where we are. BUT my dvds are getting a dust off and being used for sure.

With the dvds, I've done some impulse/bandwagon buying and realize I don't need all I have. I'm trying to listen to my body and the stage of life I'm in. Functional fitness is not just desired, but a must! I'm only focusing on one instructor for now and will add to my regiment if I see it would benefit my body. Even with my Classical Stretch workouts, I find I reach for the same ones over and over, letting others sit.

For now, I'll continue my cardio at the gym and use Tracie Long for strength and functional fitness. I think she offers a great blend of both.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gym membership