Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-14, 03:28 PM  
kalliope999

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
So will it stream anything from the internet to a larger TV? When I was looking at the description on Amazon, it seemed like it would only work to stream Netflix, You Tube, etc. Thanks!
Those websites are optimized for streaming to the Chromecast, but you can "cast" any tab from Chrome: Chromecast Support: Casting a Tab

This will effectively mirror your browsing onto your television: Can You Surf The Internet on a Chromecast?
There are some limitations, such as sites that use plug-ins like Silverlight, Quicktime & VLC. I'm not sure that any of these apply to Ballet Beautiful, since hers seems to be Vimeo based.

The downside is that casting a tab isn't as reliable -- the chances of your video and audio getting out of sync are greater than with the optimized sites, but apparently there are some tips to reduce the likelihood of that happening.
Chromecast Support: Optimized Playback vs. Casting a Tab

I'm looking forward to hearing Ali's experience with casting the BB site to see how well it works.
Old 02-24-14, 08:30 AM  
flamingoo

I tried the full body workout and arabesque on the mat, followed my butt lifts. I really liked it! I love my other workouts, but these will make a great add on. I have to say the arabesque was very challenging to me. Since I've been doing a lot of yoga I thought I'd have no problems, but my balance was waaay off. I had to put both hands on the mat. These workouts have no dread and I have no problems jumping out of bed for a quick workout. I just can't do intense a.m workouts like I use to. Those of you who are using the on line streaming, how often does she add new workouts and how often/ what kind of cardio are you doing? Thanks! So glad she lowered her price for a month so I'm able to try them
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-14, 09:19 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks for all that great info, Nicole! I will definitely check out the Chrome stuff when I have more time later this week!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-14, 12:00 PM  
kalliope999

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Those of you who are using the on line streaming, how often does she add new workouts and how often/ what kind of cardio are you doing? Thanks! So glad she lowered her price for a month so I'm able to try them
I've been using the "Fat Blaster" rotations in the custom workout area, and most days include 1-3 cardio segments. Some of them are labeled obviously as cardio, some of them are the Allegra Intervals, and some are just standing work that has a cardio effect. For a few weeks I'm going to use mostly these and brisk walking, then I'm going to add in 1-2 days per week of other cardio interval workouts, like KB swings, short KB conditioning workouts, or HIIT bodyweight cardio like Zuzka's Zcut Power Cardio.

You might also want to take a peek at "The Tracy Anderson Focus Continues" check-in, because there are several of us using lots Ballet Beautiful there.

I took a look at Arabesque on the Mat. It does look like a balance challenge! Reminds me a little of some of TA's mat work in Meta Omni. Really, though, the BB that I find most difficult is all of her outer thigh work. My outer hips must be really weak, because I had to pause that section of the Total Body DVD several times to slap the burn and cramp out of my thigh (a trick I learned somewhere, can't remember where), and to stretch for longer. Yikes!

I'm also not very good yet at remembering to "stretch the knee" on my standing leg during the standing portions. My extended leg is always fine, but I find that I tend not to straighten my standing leg all the way when doing single leg plié work, for instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Thanks for all that great info, Nicole! I will definitely check out the Chrome stuff when I have more time later this week!
You're welcome!

You know, the other issue with streaming these to the television is how the resolution will look on a large screen...
Old 02-24-14, 12:06 PM  
SueT

Nicole, if you've done Debbie Sieber's Slim Series, she mentions slapping the outer thigh area to make it feel better. Maybe that's where you heard that!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-14, 02:42 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
Those of you who are using the on line streaming, how often does she add new workouts and how often/ what kind of cardio are you doing? Thanks! So glad she lowered her price for a month so I'm able to try them
She adds two new workouts at the beginning of the month. There have only been two exceptions where more than two were available : the month that she released the prenatal collection (and just a couple days later included it in the streaming subscription so you wouldn't have to purchase it separately) and when she released the butt workout with the ball (she made that available to purchase in the streaming video store and just like the prenatal, made it available in the subscription). Usually the new workouts show up sometime the day before the first of the month. They can be a little buggy though, I almost always have a little trouble streaming them right away on my iPad when they first show up but it's almost always resolved within a couple of hours. I haven't ever had an issue on my computer though.

For cardio I only do her cardio videos or hula hoop. I stopped doing it the last couple of weeks though and ate a little too much so I have to step it up again. I was doing it about three times a week. Maybe more if I felt like it but I never forced myself to do it. This week I am thinking of adding a little bit of TA's rebounder but for me nothing beats BB and hula hooping.
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-14, 05:39 PM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotThatGirl View Post
She adds two new workouts at the beginning of the month. There have only been two exceptions where more than two were available : the month that she released the prenatal collection (and just a couple days later included it in the streaming subscription so you wouldn't have to purchase it separately) and when she released the butt workout with the ball (she made that available to purchase in the streaming video store and just like the prenatal, made it available in the subscription). Usually the new workouts show up sometime the day before the first of the month. They can be a little buggy though, I almost always have a little trouble streaming them right away on my iPad when they first show up but it's almost always resolved within a couple of hours. I haven't ever had an issue on my computer though.

For cardio I only do her cardio videos or hula hoop. I stopped doing it the last couple of weeks though and ate a little too much so I have to step it up again. I was doing it about three times a week. Maybe more if I felt like it but I never forced myself to do it. This week I am thinking of adding a little bit of TA's rebounder but for me nothing beats BB and hula hooping.

Thank you! I have yet to take my hula hoop out of the bag. I'm glad you're enjoying yours. Maybe this summer when the kids are home and I have less workout time and more outside time, I can take it out with me. I do miss BB. J Will have to figure out how to work it into my schedule. I do love that it's so easy to do throughout the day.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime videos, slorobics, tablet