Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-26-13, 04:00 PM  
lesia

So I tried FlexTrain and...

I think I like it but...

I've been working out with Cathe on and off since the early 90s and this is one of the first workouts that I went???? First of all I thought it would be more along the lines of SuperCuts (which I love!) but as the workout went on, it appeared that it was just a hodge-podge of exercises thrown together.

Don't get me wrong, I was working and sweating hard, but the up/down sections take out mat/get weight/get up/put away mat....was kind of maddening.

The kicker for me was when we got to the core work. I was fine with the first part, but the last 3 minutes seemed like she ran out of exercises so "Let's just throw in X sets of crunches." Also the last crunch exercise was unnecesary...a full situp with legs spread froggy style on floor and hands behind the head. Even the cast was struggling.

I will do the workout again, but I think I'll cut it about 3 min. short.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 04:06 PM  
lesia

Oh I liked 85% of it and so it's a keeper for me, I just need to figure out how to use it.

Firewalkers got me good as did the bicep/balance work.

A funny sidenote: during the warmup there's the generic Lady Gaga "Poker Face". When we are doing the walkout to pushup and back to bear crawl, the singer sounds like she's saying "Paper Plates" or "Peyton Place". I almost lost it there in my concentration. LOL

Lesia
Old 11-26-13, 04:18 PM  
workoutjunkie

Thanks for the mini review! I like SuperCuts a lot and was trying to figure out if I wanted to get FlexTrain or Afterburn next. Now I'm leaning towards Afterburn, lol.
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-13, 04:40 PM  
lesia

I love AfterBurn...It may be in her low impact series, but it's a killer workout. She has so many premixes on this dvd. Also when she uses the gliding discs (which I really don't like) I just do regular jacks.

I need to do this one sometime this week.

Lesia
Old 11-27-13, 03:57 PM  
lesia

Look at me starting a thread and ending a thread. Going from a negative to a positive... I take back what I wrote about the FlexTrain workout structure. It must have been an off day for me because today my whole body (especially the back part of my body) is talking to me.

FlexTrain must have been a great workout for me that I didn't know worked. LOL

The only thing about the workout that I truly didn't like was the endless crunches at the end that seemed to last for at least 5 min.

I feel better now.

Lesia
Old 11-27-13, 04:06 PM  
workoutjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
Look at me starting a thread and ending a thread. Going from a negative to a positive... I take back what I wrote about the FlexTrain workout structure. It must have been an off day for me because today my whole body (especially the back part of my body) is talking to me.

FlexTrain must have been a great workout for me that I didn't know worked. LOL

The only thing about the workout that I truly didn't like was the endless crunches at the end that seemed to last for at least 5 min.

I feel better now.

Lesia
LOL! Well that's great! Good thing you gave it another shot. I'm going to have to get this one sometime, but I don't "need" it now. I'll probably get After Burn first because I can get it for a few bucks less. Then get Flex Train next time. I'm sure I'll skip the endless crunches (they kill my neck).
workoutjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 05:03 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
I love AfterBurn...It may be in her low impact series, but it's a killer workout. She has so many premixes on this dvd. Also when she uses the gliding discs (which I really don't like) I just do regular jacks.

I need to do this one sometime this week.

Lesia
I love Afterburn too. And I also don't use the gliding discs for any of it. I do regular jacks, regular mountain climbers, etc.
Old 11-27-13, 05:29 PM  
Tugger31

Timely post, I just finished Flex Train for the second time. I really like this workout. It gets the job done and for me it's great to use after a leg day when I dont want something too leg heavy. My biceps are shaking as I type. I personally love the ab workout in Flex Train, it's one of my favs!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-13, 09:09 PM  
T2B

Afterburn is one of my all time favorite Cathe workouts. I really like Flextrain as well. I consider it a light metabolic, upper body focused high rep routine. It's a feel good workout for me. I love the music and the energy of everyone in this workout.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-13, 04:56 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
I love Afterburn too. And I also don't use the gliding discs for any of it. I do regular jacks, regular mountain climbers, etc.
Have you tried Mountain Climbers with the disks? I think it make it EXTRA hard!!!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flex train, flextrain