Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-13, 07:41 PM  
yahoo205

how about tracy anderson continuity omni? It's pretty full body and doing it twice (as a few people do) is definitely hard. and for cardio just go for a walk or use the cadio equipment at the hotel gym.

I have kind of decided that this will be my go to for travel. just have to pack the hand weights and possibly ankle weights. Only thing is you need good cushioning (mat) or support for your wrists.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-13, 08:04 PM  
deineira

If I wanted to have a variety of workouts for travel that covered cardio and toning, I would focus on the following:

Tonique - all you need is a mat (optional, for floorwork), and 3# weights
ART - you can do a lot of damage with two yoga blocks and a chair
TA - 3# weights and a mat
Cathe - any of her kickboxing workouts and Travel Fit for band based toning work
Horizontal Conditioning - tons of toning with bodyweight work
Ilaria Montagnani -Bodystrikes and Abs and Pushups - upper and lower toning with no equipment at all
Ultimate Yogi - lots of upper body toning and planks for core with no equipment outside of a mat
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 08:31 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Thanks hdw! Would this work on a Mac?
Hmmmm... don't know... but you could always try and see what happens. I would try with Freemake.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-13, 11:36 AM  
slysam

Quote:
I was thinking maybe use the Weider X Factor workouts 3 days a week for toning and then maybe some metabolic, HIIT, kickboxing, and step workouts during the week? Oh, and yoga in the evening. Do you think that would cover it? Do you think I may be overdoing it? My goals are to increase endurance and tone up the lower body. I think I've got the cardio down, it's just the toning without weights that is eluding me. Oh, and I guess keeping weight under control, as I will be living out of a hotel for two months I'd love to hear anyone's ideas on a travel rotation.
I think the Weider X Factor ST would work very well for travel. You would just need a mat assuming you will have enough space in your hotel.

When I travel (though never yet for 2 months so it is different) I usually bring a pair of gliding disks, jump rope and a couple resistance bands. This takes up very little space in my bag. Sometimes I take my heart rate monitor and if there is a pool I might take my flipper and goggles. I usually do circuits of upper body/lower body/core exercises. I get a good aerobic effect from these workouts and seem to get enough toning that I don't lose results. Since I am usually just doing this for a couple weeks, my goal is just to make my exercise time as efficient as possible. I think Weider X Factor would do similar in a slightly more time consuming way and if you alternate with yoga or cardio--all the better. The Bodyweight HoCo's would be great as well as the other workouts mentioned.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 09:08 AM  
bubbles76

Slysam thanks for the suggestions! So you like the idea of HoCo as well? I have Getting Started and the Bootcamp, so I hope to be in good shape.

Deineira I took a look at those Bodystrikes. I like what I see! Do you think Bodystrikes 1 and 2 are different enough to justify getting both? Or would getting one be enough?

Yahoo and horusosiris, thanks for the suggestions! Since Travel Fit and Body Training are virgin workouts, I believe I'll bring them with me as well.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 11:58 AM  
starbelly

I love Bodystrikes 1 and 2 and they have very different feels, at least to me. There is a lot of TIFTing there so if you find that annoying, they may not be for you. I saw that they are on fitnessclass.com (along with all of Ilaria's other workouts). It's less than $10 for a one month pass but it's streaming. It would at least give you a flavor for them before purchasing. I don't know if they do free intro weeks on that website.

If I want to rip audio files from a DVD, I use real player. I first save them as wmv files (or a similar format) and then it is a very simple process to convert them to audio only in Real Player converter. Freemake tends to create very large files so I prefer Win X DVD ripper. Even when I play with the settings, the files from Freemake are much larger than Win X's. I store all of my workouts on my tablet so I like to compress the files to fit as many on the memory card as possible-- you would be amazed by what I have on a 32GB card! I know some workouts so well that I need only audio cues and can rip the audio and keep that much smaller file.

Good luck with your planning!
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 12:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Since Travel Fit and Body Training are virgin workouts, I believe I'll bring them with me as well.
I was going to suggest TravelFit, but was afraid it might not be advanced enough for you. But, if you have it anyway, I definitely recommend trying it. I band workouts and that's one of my favorites of that type of workout.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 04:13 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Slysam thanks for the suggestions! So you like the idea of HoCo as well? I have Getting Started and the Bootcamp, so I hope to be in good shape.
Wow, that seems to be the two extremes--the easiest and possibly the hardest. I don't have either of those. I would guess the Getting started would be good for travel since it is in shorter segments and doesn't use equipment. I am not sure how packable the Bootcamp is it might depend on the equipment. But isn't it over an hour long? I don't have that one, I have it on my wish list but am kind of scared of it!
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel rotation, travel workouts