Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-11, 06:20 AM  
atara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
I've been thinking about possibly taking an adult ballet or gymnastics class. I was wondering if anyone has ever taken such a class or how I might be able to find a class? It seem like most of the ballet and gymnastics schools only offer classes for kids and teens.

Thanks!
I took an adult ballet class and I really enjoyed it. It really stretches you out. If you like Ellen Barrett or Kari Anderson you'll probably pick up the moves pretty quickly.
atara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 06:48 AM  
sciencelady

No idea of exactly where you are located, but if you have a local college or university that has a performing arts department, check the bulletin boards in the area or give their department a call for any leads. I'm in a major metro area and have taken a ballet class offered through our community education program. I also take circus classes which include gymnastics as base skills for the aerial work - those I found out about through word of mouth and lots of use of google. It's fun, but definitely harder to learn the skills at an adult age than when you were a kid!
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-11, 10:26 AM  
BalleRina

I started taking adult ballet in grad school at a small studio in my neighborhood. I have LOVED it ever since! Luckily I've been able to find classes everywhere I've lived, from large cities (Honolulu, Seattle), to small town Minnesota and Vermont (though I admit that I really didn't click with the class in VT so I didn't go often).

I was interested in finding an adult gymnastics class but those seem to be much more scarce.

BalleRina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult classes, ballet, ballet classes, dancing, gymnastics