Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-11, 07:15 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Would the Basics for Ballet Body be good enough to improve form?
Leah gives useful form pointers and she demonstrates proper form but I am not sure it is sufficient to really learn LB-type barre form because (1) her workouts are more of a fusion than traditional LB-based, and (2) the exercises used in these workouts are limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephE View Post
I picked up Kathy Smith's Total Body Lift DVD. Would this one be a good one to learn form from?? It seems to get really good reviews.
No. IMO it is really more of a light weight workout with a barre twist. I know many people love this one but I felt that Kathy just didn't "get" barre and I wish she had worked with an expert in the discipline (like she usually does - e.g., kickboxing, boxing, yoga, etc.)
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-11, 02:15 PM  
StephE

txfitmom ~ Thanks so much for posting those links! That is very helpful. You are very organized planning your workouts. That's something I've got to work on this year. I'm more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" girl when it comes to working out... pick whatever I feel like that day. LOL! Sometimes I do plan the week out at least, but it would work better for me to at least plan two weeks at a time.

fuzzie ~ Thank you for your opinion on Kathy's TBL. I think I'll keep it though. But I am going to look into getting one of the Bar Method DVDs probably after I view P57 and make sure Barre is something that I'll like. I'm sure I will. Thanks again for your view on this one! I really appreciate it!

Exercise is THERAPY for all the challenges and trials life throws my way!!
StephE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-11, 05:39 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancho Girl View Post
Snort! I'm so glad you said that - I know exactly which one you mean. Every time I do P57 Classic I think "Why did they put her in this? Did she have good form in class but then had a nasty blow to the head on the way to the shoot and lost it all??".
I don't know who you're talking about. Please enlighten me!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre for beginners, barre recommendations, barre rotation, joey decker