Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-10, 01:54 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79 View Post
II mean, it's great that some people have a whole finished basement with a bench and various steps and a squat rack and a pull-up station and barbells and rows of dumbbells and a few kettlebells plus various other things (that's my dream), but for many of us the cliche of having to push aside the couch and then return everything to its place in the closet or under the bed is our reality. I appreciate it when instructors seem to have given workouts a real world test, using them with their students and even trying them out at home or thinking about keeping them compact.
So true, Kath! Remember the to-do when Amy Bento had a workout using a gazillion step risers? (Don't get me wrong, I love her workouts!) OTOH I thought Gin Miller was so awesome for putting out a workout called "Cramped Quarters."

Of course, it's nobody fault's but mine that I chose to live in Manhattan rather than have a reasonably functional space out in the 'burgs.
Old 11-20-10, 03:17 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Thank you all for the suggestions and understanding where I am coming from. As far as my neighbors and management go, dealing with them should be doable. I'm sure we all have dealt with similar situations in the past. I've read some horror stories on here about having terrible neighbors and it makes my situation seem like a cakewalk in comparison.

I like the idea of covering some of my furniture or partitioning off some of the area so I can concentrate better. I do agree that some instructors do not take space into consideration when creating some of their workouts; however, the only workouts I have had a major problem with in regards to space have been any Tracy Anderson dance cardio. I can modify about 85% of the moves, but there are always a few grapevines of sashays that leave bumping into my gorgeous Brazilian bookshelf no matter how much I try to modify.

I do have to say that despite all the high impact, Insanity and Turbo Fire are great for small spaces. I agree with a lot those on your list too, beatchica.

Acey, we should definitely consider that check-in.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dread factor, small space, working out, workout space