Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 01-06-09, 05:00 PM  
MissKirsten

danskin barbell/aerobics barbell

Help! I know they don't make them anymore and I almost won one on Ebay but of course my comp froze

Does anyone have any recommendations for something similar, or where I might be able to get one? I've tried to look @ Ivankos, but haven't been able to see a price. I'm not trying to spend a million dollars on one either....Thanks!

Kirsten
MissKirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-09, 11:15 PM  
BunnyHop

The only three I found in my searches a few month ago were the Iron Grip Group Strength set, the Troy Aerobic Lite set, and the US Weight set.

Iron Grip Group Strength (3 pound bar, set of weight plates and Muscle Clamp brand weight clamps) Roughly $150 US plus $50 shipping
You have to buy direct from the manufacturer, and the purchasing process is a tad clunky, but this is what I bought. Service from the company was excellent, and the product seems to be exactly the good quality product I wanted.

http://www.irongrip.com/products/groupstrength.asp

Troy Aerobic Barbell Set:
Aerobic “Lite “ Set consists of (1) lite bar, (2) spring collars, (4) 2.5 lb. plates, (2) 5 lb. plates, and (2) 7.5 lb. plates (40 lbs. total). Roughly $69.00US

See the bottom of the page, there are other items from this brand listed on top:
http://www.fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html

The US Weight set, as it's called on Walmart's site, has a two piece bar.
If you're really bargain hunting, it might fit the bill. I've seen something very similar with other names, not sure if it's all by the same company, but it's possible you could find this one at a local retailer and not have to hassle with shipping charges. Roughly $43 on Walmart.com right now, I've seen it for less at varying times and places:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=2171148

HTH!!

Editing to add: I'm assuming you wanted a set with a relatively light bar, and a relatively small set of plates to use when doing workouts like Jari Love's Get Ripped (and others). That was my only interest when I searched last fall.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-09, 03:03 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

occasionally, the danskin barbell shows up on the swap.

i was really, really lucky this past fall - i found a set at an elementary school rummage sale. i posted about it in this forum - do a search with the word "danskin". the set included the weighted bar, the dumbbell handlebars, several plastic padded plates, and the fold-up bench that was designed to go together.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 10:59 AM  
MissKirsten

thanks guys-
i actually found online on an "online garage sale"!!!!! I was bored at work and had the time to search...AND it's online 8bucks with the 2 4lb weight add ons!!

Kirsten
MissKirsten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barbell, danskin, equipment, troy lite bar