Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-30-01, 03:47 PM  
Ivy Ann
VF Supporter

For those of you that visit a gym

Here comes the New Year's resolution exercisers!

What will your plans be to accomodate the increased 'membership' at your gym that happens with every new year? Will you need to revise your schedule? Happens every year - about January to March. Place is packed. It's a drag.

I need to start thinking about this. Mondays are already a no-no because lots of people go to the gym after the weekend (I guess). I like to go on the weekend because it's quiet.

Is this what you will experience?
Ivy Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-01, 06:28 PM  
Charlene
VF Supporter

definitely!

I am making plans for a "no gym" rotation for January AND February! I'm an Individual Conditioning Coordinator at my local YM/YWCA. I know from experience how crazy it gets for the first couple months - they've asked me to take extra sessions in January and February. I plan to avoid it as much as possible

Charlene

"“Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again , come , come.”

Rumi.

Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Rumi
Charlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-01, 06:31 PM  
KarenP
VF Supporter

The only thing I do is try to go during off peak hours. I can swing this sometimes, because I free-lance. Otherwise, I just grin and bear it. I find that many of the new folks don't last too long. Also, my gym can be crowded all year long.

Karen

QUIT SLOUCHING!!!
KarenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-01, 08:37 PM  
Janet O'Neil
VF Supporter

Videos beat gym overcrowding

One gym in New York State that I teach at is a nightmare the first few weeks. I teach a yoga/pilates fusion class on Saturday mornings and we are anticipating 35 people the first weekend back (this is not a huge facility).

Personally, I only go to the Gym to teach my spin and yoga classes and take one or two classes a month. I prefer my video workouts to actually exercising at a gym except if it's for a special class.

Ah, the beauty of exercise videos - no crowding!
Janet O'Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gym membership, ywca