Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-22, 08:33 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Have a joyous Christmas with love & happiness. Dec. 25

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 09:00 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning and merry Christmas to everyone!

No shovelers have turned up.... I tried calling my brother yesterday and left a message, but haven't heard back from him. It's a quiet day around here although I do have my tree plugged in. I'll be watering my orchids today and watching TV - All Creatures Great and Small is playing on public TV today. I've got an amaryllis and narcissus bulbs just about ready to bloom - likely opening this coming week, but not today. We're about ten degrees warmer than yesterday, but still way below normal temps around here.

Paula, I don't think power is too much of an issue here in the Twin Cities, but we do have parts of the state under blizzard warnings with really high winds that can lose power - that would be dangerous in these temperatures. The parks are keeping their buildings heated for people to stay warm, if needed. The original gyro I had is lamb's meat or a mix of lamb and beef these days. They are served on a flatbread with tzatziki sauce (yogurt sauce), onions and tomatoes. Very tasty . They do offer a falafel or hummus gyro, which would qualify for vegetarians, but no idea how those would taste or what they might put in them. The chicken gyro my friend had was a chicken with salad in the flatbread and an oil salad dressing.

Laura, hope your trip to WV went well and you're safe and warm over there! Merry Christmas to you and your DH!

Vantreesta, hope the winds and blizzard conditions aren't too bad where you are and your power is still on! Merry Christmas!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-25-22, 12:11 PM  
Vantreesta

Merry Christmas!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 09:26 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening and Merry Christmas. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 26 Core and a neighborhood walk with DH.

We went out to lunch with a friend at our favorite restaurant. It was a beautiful day here - warm and sunny. jWe had a aareally nice day.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. Darn on those shovelers not showing up. I hope your brother lets you know soon whether he's coming or not. Guess gyros aren't something I'll be trying soon. You certainly have a green thumb - my holiday cactus still doesn't have any bud and you have two bulb plants about to blossum. Hope you enjoyed your Christmas.

Vantreestra - Merry Christmas to you too.

Laura, I hope you got to West Virginia safe and sound and things are going well there.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 11:26 PM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's for the wknd and got home this evening. The last 30-40 minutes had some pretty tense times with low visibility from blowing snow but we made it. I can't pick up Cyric till tmrw and it just feels so wrong at home without him!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-26-22, 09:31 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Happy Boxing Day and Kwanzaa! I don't celebrate either one, but happy day anyways! Today will be another quiet day around here - not planning on driving anywhere and I can't shovel the snow yet. It is slowly getting warmer here and we'll be above freezing Thursday! Nothing much other than watching TV and being on the internet. I did have lots of phone calls from friends and my brother yesterday .

Paula, I didn't hear anything from my brother saying he was coming back up here soon - kinda doubt it... My holiday cactus is pretty much done blooming - I'm picking off old blooms. That cactus bloomed a heartful of flowers this year! Nice to walk with DH - not easily available up here in the cold!

Vantreesta, glad you made it home safely! I'm sure Cyric will be happy to come home today!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-26-22, 12:43 PM  
Vantreesta

So happy to have my boy back home! I gave him his Christmas toy. I jumped on the computer and I imagine he is sound asleep by now.

I need to do dishes but otherwise just planning to chill out, get our PM walks in and make supper later. Oh and maybe some laundry.

Glad you seem to be doing well after surgery, Anita. Heck, maybe the snow is gonna melt off your driveway before the shovelers get there! We got several more inches that hubby will need to snowblow after while. Apparently I never told him I was going to get Cyric this morning so he thought he had all day to take care of the snow but instead I drove on it. Oops.

Old 12-26-22, 09:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 27 Cardio Toning and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Grocery day for us. I'll have to remember the day after Christmas is a perfect day to grocery shop. Both Trader Joes and Ralphs were practically empty and a lovely shopping experience. Got home and made a big pot of marinara sauce and our usual food prep.

Vantreestra, Glad you got back safely and also glad you have Cyric back - bet he was as happy to be home as you were to have him back.

Anita, sorry your brother didn't commit to telling you what he was going to do one way or the other. I'd be angry if I hadn't heard something from the shovelers by now. I worry about you living alone, post surgery in this horrendous weather we keep hearing about. My envy continues, your holiday cactus has done a complete bloom cycle and and mine still hasn't got a single bud. Oh well I'm going to keep it going and hope this time next year it will bloom.
Old 12-27-22, 09:16 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a walk today - weather should be up in the 20s today - lots warmer than what we've been dealing with before! Otherwise a pretty quiet day - I'll probably put away my Christmas ornaments.

Vantreesta, so happy Cyric is home! We'll definitely have some melting tomorrow - I might cheat and shovel some of that snow today or tomorrow. My friends have driven on my unplowed driveway, so tracks are already out there.

Paula, yeah, it's another reason I look forward to moving to the adult co-op - not being quite so alone! (And having someone else take care of the snow removal). Where do you keep your Christmas cactus? - sounds like it's not getting enough light. I use an eastern window for mine and have it pretty cool near there. In the summer it gets a good dose of sunlight on my back porch. Did you make marinara sauce from scratch - like tomatoes? I just open a jar and heat it .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 12-27-22, 09:44 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot PY 108 Yin Yoga.

Went to lunch with old friends. Didn't do much else with the day.

Anita, glad the weather is getting warmer where you are and nice enough to go for a walk. I hope you don't injure yourself shoveling. My cactus is on the window sill in my kitchen, it's south facing and the sunniest location in my home. I make marinara sauce from "scratch" but I use canned fire roasted diced tomatos, canned tomato sauce, and canned black olives. I use fresh onion, sliced mushrooms and spinach.