Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-21, 06:22 PM  
donnamp

I can't put my finger on what it is about Pahla that I like b/c when I first came across her channel my first thought was "no way" - but she has really grown on me. I did her entire 31 day series in January. I can't say that I lost weight, but I wasn't really trying to either. With her workouts, I struggle with doubt that they are not enough, but I do find that if I'm consistent with them that the effect is cumulative.

I think she is on to something w/ her approach to "middle aged" fitness and I find her Q&As to be enjoyable to listen to - a lot of good and practical advice.

Lucy is similar - she doesn't use music and she can also talk - but not about the same things as Pahla. Her workouts don't use weights and are generally simple body weigh toning w/ high reps - that is why I compare it to Slim in 6/Slim Series.

Lucy has started to put together rotations - which i find helpful b/c she has so much content on You Tube, it is hard to organize it all and figure out what to do.

Here are some that she has put together recently. She tends to include very short workouts so you may want to do more than one a day if you have the time/energy.

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-challenge/

https://www.lwrfitness.com/be-your-b...nge-with-lucy/

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-advent-calendar/

Donna

p.s. talking about Pahla got me missing her, so tomorrow may be a Pahla B day! LOL!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 06:26 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I’ve been a Pahla fan for the last few years. I probably wasn’t at first but it was all about timing. She’s perfect for me right now!
I’ve been doing some Caroline Jordan YT low impact routines lately for work breaks and like them a lot. Most are shorter . You could use as an add on. You may like her!
She has some ones for diabetics and they’re nice low impact routines.

https://youtu.be/WDIGXWZhC4M

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 06:27 PM  
donnamp

bfit - you can always modify everything to low impact. I don't do any high impact any more - it is just feels bad. Pahla's workouts may help you figure out modifications for high impact that you could sub in.

Donna
Old 02-18-21, 06:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I want to like her, but the constant talking and lack of music is a deal breaker for me.
Ditto. She seems so nice but I can’t do the constant rapid talking and I like good music too.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 07:24 PM  
momofcha

Where are her ebooks? I recently listened to one of her podcasts and after about 45 minutes I’m not sure she ever did get to her point

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-21, 03:04 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Lucy has started to put together rotations - which i find helpful b/c she has so much content on You Tube, it is hard to organize it all and figure out what to do.
Donna, thank you so much for those links! Thank you for taking the time to share all that. I'm going to look into Lucy as well. Your posts are always so helpful. I plan to start the Pahla B Weight Loss Challenge in late March/early April. I would start sooner, but I'd rather wait until my fasting period (religious) is over. I'm excited to start. It's really thanks to you and to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliel View Post
I’ve been doing some Caroline Jordan YT low impact routines lately for work breaks and like them a lot. Most are shorter . You could use as an add on. You may like her!
Thank you for sharing the link. Off to look into her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Where are her ebooks? I recently listened to one of her podcasts and after about 45 minutes I’m not sure she ever did get to her point
I thought that there were two, but I can only seem to find one at the moment. Here goes.
This video may be of interest.
Old 02-19-21, 06:40 AM  
donnamp

Negin - thank you!! I hope you enjoy Lucy as well, it is nice to have a little change of pace here and there

Let me know when you are going to start the challenge, I may repeat it with you The spring is my busy time at work so I will be looking for low stress workouts...with positive messages!

Julie - thanks for mentioning Caroline Jordan - I had seen her name here on VF before, but I just checked out her channel, it looks very good!

Donna
Old 02-19-21, 12:39 PM  
bfit

Yes, I like Caroline Jordan too. I did a lot of her chair workouts when I was injured plus her floor toning.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-21, 03:53 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
It was driving me nuts, since I knew that there was another e-book and I couldn't find the link for the life of me.
I asked on YouTube and Pahla replied. This e-book (click on the image) made everything so clear for me.
Old 02-21-21, 06:04 PM  
dianestjohn

I’m another Pahla fan. I first tried her a couple years ago and by the end of the workout I was saying Shut up Shut Up SHUT UP!!! Tried her again a few months ago, the talking was annoying. But the next day I wanted to try her again and she was chatting about something interesting. Fade out, fade in, about 150 of her workouts are in my YouTube saved queue and I am doing them more and more. For me she is the new Jessica. I sometimes do 2 of her workouts back to back or sometimes just 1. I love that they seem pretty easy while you are doing them but I think they are pretty effective. I love that they are all barefoot and that so far I have not encountered any floor work, and I love that there is a little balance work thrown in at the end of each workout. I love her warmups which feel so good on the shoulders and hips and the”welcome to my home” move which appears I think in every warmup and which opens my chest and shoulders nicely. I think Jessica tried to do some chest openers with her “hands on back, arch back” move which was in her Walk Strong 3 cool downs but that move feels awkward whereas “welcome to my home” feels expansive and fluid. In short I love Pahla and her workouts and really can’t believe how many free workouts she has posted.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low impact aerobics, pahla bowers