Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-17-22, 10:51 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

DD went back to work today. All the rest she got yesterday helped a lot.

Today was a rest day on the Brett calendar.

Cheryl, any update on your niece?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 06:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cynthia I'm glad your DD is feeling better. Yesterday I slept in until 8. That felt really good. I needed the rest.

Steps from yesterday: 10,031

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-22, 03:19 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: 2 mile hike with a friend. Since it was uphill and slow going, it sure felt like a lot more. I'll go back to Brett tomorrow.
Old 06-18-22, 09:38 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour walk, JS Total Body Timesaver, Lee Holdens 7 minutes of magic

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-19-22, 05:53 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 15,593

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-19-22, 09:59 AM  
lynnf

Hi all, sorry I missed a few days of check in, but I did Barre 3 flow (yoga) on Friday, walked with DH on Saturday in the heat, and did Barre 3 45 minute today and will have my yin yoga class in studio today.

Cynthia, glad your DD is better, and so much admire your pie skills. Sounds like nice hike. My DS just got back from Yosemite and he had a great time hiking there with his friends.

Cheryl, hurrah for taking your DD to the art museum. Sounds like she is a budding musician, but exposing her to all the arts is great. I took DS to art museums, concerts, and he took violin, though he never was great at it, and though he is now in physics, he still goes to art museums and his roommate (also in physics) plays in a student orchestra. So my DS goes to his friend's concerts and DS is happy he knows something about music due to having studied violin and having gone to concerts as a kid.

Diana, nice that you had such a nice group at your church.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 07:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

There's a Blue Theology group that arrived late last night, from Kansas. Two of the chaperones are nurses. Two of the kids displayed covid symptoms and tested positive. They had recently traveled out of the country. They are in quarantine in one of the church buildings. The rest need to be tested, but last I heard, the drugstores were out of kits. The group decided not to come to the church service today. The pastor had sent an email about the covid & most of the church members stayed away. I picked out 2 prayer shawls for the quarantined kids.

Tomorrow is pancakes day. I'm going to make the pancakes at home, probably this evening, and bring them to the church kitchen tomorrow morning & then leave. The group can warm them up in the oven.

I took a nap this afternoon and intend to do something soon.

Back later

Later: Brett day 5
Old 06-19-22, 09:25 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 1 hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 06-20-22, 07:39 AM  
seabliss

Yesterday I didn't have a chance to post, but I did a Heather lower body strength. Today I did upper body. I also got lots of walking in taking DH to get dinner to celebrate Father's Day. Now we're hard at work on the logistics of the move of our things, as the shipping container arrives Thursday. We won't get our things until next week, certainly. The piano adds another layer of complexity to the process.

Cynthia, so sorry to hear about the kids. Praying the two get better quickly and the spread is minimized!

Diana, you're getting in a lot of walking! Are you going to the mall or walking outdoors? It's hot in Texas still where my parents live.

Lynn, I strongly believe in exposure to all the arts for DD. Planning to bring her to all kinds of events and activities as we get more familiar. The language barrier sometimes makes it difficult to find out about opportunities. For this and other reasons, learning the language a bit better with classes is first for us. But we also do one-offs, visiting cultural sites and events as we can.
Old 06-20-22, 09:12 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cheryl It's wonderful that your DD is able to experience so many things where you are. The walking is mostly in the evening with the neighborhood walking buddies. We have picked up a couple more ladies, also.

I wanted to share something disturbing from last week. We walked with one young lady early last week. On Thursday I sent her a text about walking. I heard from her at 8:45, she had been at the pool so she wasn't going to walk that day. On Friday we heard about a homicide that had take place on her street. I contacted her to check on her. She confirmed it was at her house. I just told her that I would be praying for her and didn't ask any additional information. Through local talk, which may or may not be true, but all talk has had the same information, the house is a half way house with 4 ladies living there. The police were called at 9:30, I had just texted with her at 8:45. One of the ladies had a boyfriend who came in and shot her, shot at the other ladies, hitting some of them. The lady who walked with us, her name is Jordon. Please pray for her if you will.

Steps from yesterday: 17,558

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana