Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-22, 10:44 AM  
bethellen

gentle walks / cardio

I've been recovering from covid. (feel fine other than elevating my heart rate seems to bring my cough back.)
I REALLY miss working out with my workouts (Firm, Leslie, and a mix of a few other instructors). I was doing Jenny Ford's WAM and that seemed too much for me right now. I have a hard time not doing impact if the instructor tells me to.

I contemplated getting a treadmill so I could do easy walks at home but the thought of a big piece of equipment in my workout room doesn't thrill me.

I also miss weight training too.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 10:51 AM  
alisoncooks

Sometimes just sitting in a chair makes things more doable. This YouTube channel has several seated arm workouts that I fall back on regularly.

I also go back to side-lying leg work (like Winsor B&T) when other leg work is too much.

Speaking of chairs, there are several great chair cardio workouts on YouTube. Maybe those will get you moving but keep your heart rate more controlled?

Hope you get back to normal soon!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 11:00 AM  
donellda

I second the idea of a chair workout. I am an instructor with a program for seniors called StrongerU Senior Fitness. Many of the classes are being done virtually because of Covid. There are also many choices on YouTube. Hope you get your strength back soon
Old 01-12-22, 11:30 AM  
Lorelai

Jessica Smith is good at keeping things moderate and low impact. Maybe look at her barefoot walks on YouTube and see if those work for you. She has a lot of variety if those are on the too easy side.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 11:45 AM  
Venus

Improved Health has gentle walks and chair exercise (cardio and strength). Try checking out the True Beginner and Beginner playlists.

Improved Health YouTube channel

Improved Health Playlists

Improved Health gentle walks

The BeFiT YouTube channel has some gentle cardio and chair workouts with Jane Fonda.

BeFiT Jane Fonda workouts

I hope you recover soon!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 07:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Please don't be offended by the channel name, but Silver & Fit has a bunch of beginner cardio and strength workouts that use a chair. That might be a good place to start. I think Madeleine Lewis leads some of the beginner cardio and strength workouts - I've done her intermediate cardio workouts and they are a lot of fun. They have many new workouts released every day.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverandfit

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chair workouts, gentle exercise, gentle workouts