Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-21, 11:27 AM  
alisoncooks

I know y'all will be excited with me...

This is such a small thing, lol, but I FINALLY ordered 4 lb dumbbells! I'm so excited! I currently have 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15.

It seems unnecessary to get 4s...but I've been wishing for them for ages and talking myself out of it, thinking I should just tough it out and make the jump from 3 to 5. Well, doggone it!, I'm tired of tweaking my elbows so now I hopefully won't! Yay!

(I have 1.5 lb wrist weights that I stick on the 5 to bridge between 5 and 8 or between 12 and 15...but I still wanted those 4s!)
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 11:37 AM  
edensmom

Yay! I love having weights in increments. I had 2s and 6s once upon a time and got rid of them for lack of space. It's hard to make big jumps in weight for upper body so personally I find them super useful.

I want 17.5 lb weights and 22.5 like at the gym.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 11:42 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Congrats! Only a VFer would understand!

Seriously, no fitness purchase is ever unnecessary. It is an investment in your health and your future.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 11:47 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I am excited for you! I recently found some fours and use them often.
I love my nines as well. Now that I’m getting older I’m appreciating the smaller leaps for less risk.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 11:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I love my 4 lb weights! I know exactly how you feel.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 12:52 PM  
cttx31

4 pounds is definitely not unnecessary! I also have 6,7, and a couple of years ago got pairs of 17.5 and 22.5. I find myself wishing for a set of 13.5 (in between 12 and 15), but of course they don't make such a thing. I do have the Pace weights I could use to add to my 12 but I'm too lazy to get them out.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 01:02 PM  
kat999

I use my 4 lbs. all the time, so congrats! I have increments of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10, and I use every single increment. I have tried to find 11 lbs. (12s are easy to find) to no avail.
Old 03-13-21, 01:16 PM  
jusca

nice collection of sizes! which ones were the hardest to find?
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 01:21 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congrats, enjoy!

I remember the pink weights from the old Firm TransFIRMation set had weights you could screw the ends off into different weights. I kept mine at 4 lbs and 7 lbs and still use them today with other workouts. I think you could also put them all together and make an 11 lb weight. Not sure if they're still around for purchase anywhere though.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 01:29 PM  
alisoncooks

Thanks all -- I knew y'all would get it! It really can be hard to make the jump from 3 to 5 for certain upper body moves...and I've grown wary of injuring myself.

Most of the above sizes have been relatively easy to find (if not in a store, they're on Amazon). My half-pound weights (1.5, 2.5) are ankle/wrist weights.

5 Below has several sizes of smaller weights (1-5 pound range). I'm always surprised by what I find there!

I used to have some teensy, 0.5 pound soft weights -- they were for my DD, when she was little. I think they were marketed for rehab. They were super cute, lol.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumbbell, dumbbells