Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-21, 07:35 PM  
kat999

Indoor virtual walks/runs/cycling on Fitfusion

At the start of the pandemic, I got a subscription to the Fitfusion streaming service, mostly because it has all the BeMax workouts, but there is a ton of interesting stuff on there (some Leslie, all of Jillian's stuff, some good barre workouts, etc.). I don't use it a super ton, though, because the Roku in my workout room is kind of far from our wifi router, so the signal is a little touchy. Well, I think I found a new reason to try harder to use the service more. They just announced a new release of a TON of stuff from Induro Virtual, which consists of virtual running (but you can do walking or cycling, too) filmed in various beautiful locations. The camera follows a path, and the path changes about every minute or so so that you get a great little tour of whatever city/park/location you're "running" in. Tonight I took a two-mile tour of Singapore. Each location has 15, 30, and 45-minute sessions, and while they're set to music, you can easily mute that if you want to play your own stuff. I had found some YouTube videos that do essentially the same thing, but the benefit of these is that they're professional produced, the weather is always GORGEOUS, and it's nice that the scenes change frequently.

The only downside of the first one I tried was that this was clearly filmed quite a while ago, because you pass a lot of regular people milling around and often you're passing them on these trails and paths--passing them REALLY CLOSE! So of course I got pandemic anxiety a bit.

Anyway, give it a look. The entire list of their locations is viewable at https://www.fitfusion.com/induro-virtual but of course you need a subscription to actually watch any. IIRC it's about $10/month.

The speed is pretty smooth. These are really designed to be used on a treadmill, but I just did Leslie-style walking and jogging in place and it worked totally great.