Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-20, 04:57 PM  
TinaT

Supporting Small Business (not off topic)

Hello all and hope you're doing well. I'm in my journey to start over after a year of struggling. That being said, I decided to throw a little business at Mary at Total Fitness and Annette with Fitness Favorites. I'm not sure if they consider themselves small businesses, but I wanted to support them anyway.

Just a few dvds from each to let them know I appreciate them and how they run their businesses. I purchased repeat/regrets that I need back.. of course.

My heightened awareness of small business support became in the face clear with my daughters bookstore during this time. So just know that the smallest of orders to our dvd stores makes a big difference.

Anyone else place a recent order to FF or TF? Where else should we know about?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 06:30 PM  
muggle

I’ve ordered from Mary recently too. We would all be in dire straits if Mary shut down! I don’t even want to think about that. My husband and I have been getting take out meals from local restaurants (plus don’t forget to tip the waitstaff) and now we can get plants/flower from local farmers. If a local business has a website...I’m shopping. Besides workouts for stress relief, I also need retail therapy!! I don’t want to see businesses close.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 07:04 PM  
bubbles76

I placed an order a few weeks back with Mary for two dvds. Was just thinking about possibly purchasing a few more.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 10:17 PM  
TinaT

Between COVID19 and so many folks moving to streaming, I do worry about Mary's business along with a few others. I hope she's around for along time to come.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 09:16 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

I’ve ordered from Mary twice in the last month for myself and another order for my mom. The prices are great and the service is top notch. And I want her to stay in business. I will always buy from her over amazon.
Old 05-15-20, 10:27 PM  
violingal3

Yes, I ordered a handful of DVDs from Mary's last sale. Didn't really need them, but thought I'd support her.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 09:02 AM  
fanofladyvols

Yes ordered from Mary!

We know several families facing tough times who are running restaurants and employ people who don't have the luxury of staying at home. We are doing our best to support them in some way. But this has lasted MUCH longer than they could possibly anticipate. The livelihood of the families represented keeps us going back when we can.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 10:48 AM  
anetta

I ordered the new Mimi Kuo Deemer dvd from Mary a few weeks ago.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 12:33 PM  
Mickey12

I just placed an order with Mary, one from Collage Video and purchased 3 more from ebay. So I am 9 DVDs richer and hopefully I helped Mary’s small business and helped stimulate the economy! I am on an Amy Bento kick and also a good old fashioned hi/lo kick. Excited to try my new ones!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 04:06 PM  
soulflower

I bought several videos during Mary's latest sale. She had some great deals, so I got the following:

5 Tonique's ($5 each)
2 Angie Gorr's
2 Ilaria/Atletica's

I've done 2 of the Tonique's so far. Lots to go and I'm excited to try all my new workouts!

I'm unfamiliar with Fitness Favorites. I'll have to look into it.
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19