Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-16, 11:39 AM  
sherry7899

does anyone create their own bike/treadmill workouts?

I have realized that my main motivation for using my recumbent bike and treadmill is having good music. Yes, it's nice to have lovely scenery to look at, but if the music is not motivating, I don't end up liking the workout as much. I admit I am a total music geek/snob, though

I have decided to stop buying workouts dvds for cardio equipment. We have a TON of concert dvds. I used a U2 concert dvd to make up my own workouts over the weekend. I just do some sprints/steady state during fast songs, and hills/steady state during slower songs. I kind of improvise for the warm up and cool down.

I can make the workouts as long/short as I want and use the dvd remote to skip around to particular songs if I feel like it.

I'm going to make a stack of concert dvds and figure out what to use next.

Does anyone else do this? I know I could just play cds, but I do like having something to look at, and it's fun to watch the concerts.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 12:14 PM  
Chomper

Yep, though I love making workout playlists on Spotify. Then I use an interval app. Most of the time I don't want anything complicated.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 12:21 PM  
westiemack

I use the Virtual Active workouts for the visuals and definitely my own music for the audio.

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-16, 03:17 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Definitely! I have a few concert dvd's and adjust the cadence and tension to go with the music. Or sometimes I just enjoy the music and let my mind wander as I pedal mindlessly
Old 01-04-16, 03:44 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

I can't use cardio equipment without music. I need to be able to use the beat of the music or the music, and the equipment, is wothless. I still have a CD I made for the ski machine in the early 1990's.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote