Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-14, 07:25 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Doesn't Anyone Submit Reviews Anymore?

Hamelin d'Abell has been tweeting about his recent sale and I came here to find reviews. There is not a single review in the Reviews forum! I did a Tag search and found lots of threads with posts containing reviews, but it takes a lot of time to dig through threads to find out if there's a review there.

I just need to vent. People - VideoFitness began as a site to review workout videos. What happened? Does anyone realize that there is a separate, very well organized Reviews forum? If you're going to post a review in General Discussion, please just take 2 minutes to copy and paste it into the Reviews forum. It would be soooo helpful

And PS, there are separate sections in General Discussion for recipes, shoes and equipment, etc. Keeping posts organized makes them much easier to find. Those sections were created for a reason.

Done venting. That is all. Carry on.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 07:31 PM  
Susan

I think one of the reasons why many threads are posted here in General Discussion instead of in the specialized areas of the forum are because people know that this is the busiest board on the forum, and if they ask a question here, they are more likely to get multiple responses quickly from a wider variety of VFers than if they posted in a less active area like the "Clothing, Shoes, Equipment" board.
Old 09-13-14, 07:38 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

You're probably right. Some people may read VF by forum rather than by 'New Posts' which will allow them to see everything new, rather than just posts in a particular thread.
Old 09-13-14, 07:40 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
You're probably right. Some people may read VF by forum rather than by 'New Posts' which will allow them to see everything new, rather than just posts in a particular thread.
I have to admit I'm guilty of that myself!
Old 09-13-14, 07:55 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I rely on the Reviews page constantly, but am guilty of not posting reviews myself. I keep meaning to do so, and have even started a few drafts. I read so many insightful, well-written reviews, and wish I had that same level of ability. I should set a goal for myself of writing a certain number of reviews.

I particularly like reading reviews by people whose tastes are similar to mine. I find it helpful in finding other workouts that suit me.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 08:47 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I wish it was easier to submit reviews

I've been guilty of posting a quick review in the General Discussion forum and not posting it in the Review forum. Wanting to correct this I copied my review of TXT from last week wanting to add it to the Reviews forum. I entered in the basic information in the first page of the Review submission form and got a message saying I'll get an email in 1-2 days letting me know I can post my review. So unless you're adding a review of something previously reviewed by someone else, you have to wait. You really can't then copy and paste from one forum to the other.

Is there any way to make it more expedient?

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 09:03 PM  
TinierTina

Question Do You Have to Post Review Separately Here and in the Reviews Section?

I did submit a review of a video to this forum a few days ago ...
and I would not be doing many... so maybe it landed in the wrong place?

I thought the place was in this forum!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 09:32 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinierTina View Post
I did submit a review of a video to this forum a few days ago ...
and I would not be doing many... so maybe it landed in the wrong place?

I thought the place was in this forum!
Many people post mini reviews and their impressions in the General Discussion forum, especially in threads when a new workout or system is being discussed. There is also a separate reviews section and if you want your review to be submitted there it is a separate action.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 10:10 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Joni - I recall seeing a lot of comments about those workouts. Don't recall the thread title but there were some review-type comments. Did you run a search

On your question - I agree... I also miss rotations being posted in the rotation forum, and modifications in the modifications area...

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-14, 10:33 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Gibbee - thanks. Yes, I did find those threads. Looking under his name in the Instructor section of the Reviews Forum would have saved a lot of time and frustration had they been posted there.

Sabine - I didn't realize that happened when submitting a review of a previously unreviewed workout. It never used to.

Tags
reviews, submitting reviews, vf reviews