Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-14, 07:28 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

So who is doing P90X3?

How do you like it? How much high impact does it contain and can you modify? I'm just channel surfing and of course watched a bit of the infomercial and almost caved. But I came here first.

TIA

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 07:49 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I did a 30 day rotation to try the workouts. It's pretty easy to modify to no impact. I like the program - Tony does get on my nerves some. I got a few Beach Body workouts from Ebay (Body Beast, Hip Hop Abs, T25 Alpha, Beta, and Gamma, P90X3 and Insanity) so I only did 30 day rotations so I could try them all. I'm having a love fest with Insanity right now with no impact - love Shaun T.

Cathe has been my main workouts for years. Now I'm enjoying Beach Body. I do want to try a 90 day rotation with P90X3 - just not sure when.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 08:08 PM  
lesia

Hey!
How are you doing Insanity without no impact...do tell!

Lesia
I am a Beachbody Coach
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 08:24 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

I'm the queen of modifications. Due to knee issued i can't do any impact. I found some Insanity workouts on youtube to see if I could modify and I was able to so i bought them off ebay for $25. I keep everything grounded and I still get a very decent workout - I'm 54.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 12:22 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I finished a 90 day rotation a few months ago - absolutely loved it. One of my best set purchases ever. You get a lot of workout in those 30 minutes. Tons of variety, too.

There's a fair amount of impact shown but it is all easily modified, even if the modifier doesn't show it. Tony's cardio is all pretty straightforward.

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 12:39 PM  
raeven

I just wanted to second everything Gwynn said. Everything she said was exactly the same for me! It's a great set!
raeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 03:12 PM  
amatoo

I just started week 3 of block 1 and love it. (Just wait until block 2 right?) Well only one thing is annoying and that's the gal that beyoncefies (sp) some of her moves. It is annoying =)
But other than that love love love it. Yes you can modify the moves I do.
I don't regret this purchase at all.
Cindy
Old 07-28-14, 06:55 PM  
jEnNnY

I'm tempted too to get P90X3 but I'm afraid Tony (as much as I love him) doesn't include enough lower body strength stuff... I have P90X and that lonely Legs & Back (see? he had to include "back" there) is the only one devoted to some lower body work with weights? How is the lower body strength training in P90X3??
jEnNnY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 06:57 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I think it's more balanced than P90X for lower body, but I actually threw in a kettlebell workout each week because I need the posterior chain work. But it's not a Cathe style lower body workout, for sure.
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 08:41 PM  
andtckrtoo

I'm loving P90X3. I would consider it my best purchase of the year.