Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-14, 09:51 PM  
Fit Gal

Amazon Shipping Question

I don't have Amazon Prime..wish I did..but ok

Question:
I need to have $35 to get free shipping.
If I order several in stock dvds and add a pre-order dvd and they add up to over $35, do the in stock items ship now or are the items held until the pre-order is in stock?

Thanks!
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 09:55 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

I haven't preordered DVDs from Amazon and have preordered books. They've never held my whole order and have shipped in stock items within the time frame in the original listing.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 09:56 PM  
Fit Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
I haven't preordered DVDs from Amazon and have preordered books. They've never held my whole order and have shipped in stock items within the time frame in the original listing.
Thanks for the info!
Old 07-30-14, 11:15 PM  
PrairieGem

Really? Because we HAVE had them delay shipping on orders that contain pre-ordered items that have not yet been released. We are now very picky about just how early we pre-order something! (We've pre-ordered DVDs--movies--books, and music. Music is kind of fun, b/c you get the digital copy before the CD! DH is still waiting for Tom Petty's new album to get here--but I already have it on my phone! )
Old 07-31-14, 12:28 AM  
JENILU

I don't know. I had 2 items from 3rd party sellers and one item from them that was a pre-order. All together, it was free shipping. They had the 3rd party orders ship to them and shipped it all together when the pre-order released. I figured they were trying to make my fiancee regret doing super saver shipping.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 06:11 AM  
sherry7899

Gem-the new Tom Petty is on Spotify.com . I need to go listen to it.

We will buy the cd. I just need to check if Target or Best Buy has a version with "exclusive" tracks or not...I hate when there are multiple versions released.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 08:00 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

My Prime ran out this spring (sadly!) and since then I've been wanting a few items but needed to get the 35$. When I included a pre-order and wanted to check out, it gave me the option to ship the items as they're available -but then at an additional cost!- or group them.. which would mean the pre-ordered item dictates the shipment!..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 08:46 AM  
mtnmom

Short answer:

It depends.

On what, I don't know. I think if it's going to be more than a couple of weeks for the preorder to be released, they'll ship the other items now. If it's only going to be a week or 10 days before the preorder is released, they'll hold the entire order. But it's really up to the whims of the Amazon PTB.
Old 07-31-14, 08:51 AM  
sunday

I have Prime, and Amazon has always shipped my available items first and the others when they are ready. However, that may be a feature of Prime in general.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-14, 01:48 PM  
Fit Gal

Thanks everyone. Very helpful.
I think I wouldn't chance it adding a pre order to an in stock order. I need instant gratification and wouldn't want my order to be held up for a long time.

Oh well, Amazon has lost a lot of my business when they increased the free shipping threshold.