Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-11, 10:39 AM  
lilmonkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
Just wanted to chime in, please post reviews even if they're only a paragraph long, and especially if there are already reviews posted with differing opinions from yours. I don't look for detailed breakdowns of all my workouts- just hearing someone's opinion helps me figure out whether it's for me or not.
Agreed! I could never do the detailed reviews that some people do, so I just stick to short and sweet--just giving impressions of the workout and what I liked/didn't like about it. Everyone's mileage varies on stuff like this, so I figure even the short reviews/impressions help.

I just added a review of the Guillermo Gomez kickboxing workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Lucia - In some ways, that doesn't seem enough, does it? Yet, that is the type of thing that some people want to see instead of the longer reviews. It would probably resonate the most when there are other reviews and people want multiple bottom line opinions with which to analyze a workout.

What does everyone else think?
I agree!
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 10:53 AM  
turbo1

I like short, sweet reviews! I don't consider myself to be good at writting reviews either, but I promise to add more anyway!
Old 12-14-11, 01:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for the discussion! It helps show that there really aren't requirements for an "acceptable" review. They are all good!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 02:31 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Lucia - In some ways, that doesn't seem enough, does it? Yet, that is the type of thing that some people want to see instead of the longer reviews. It would probably resonate the most when there are other reviews and people want multiple bottom line opinions with which to analyze a workout.

I agree. If there are lots of reviews, then short comments help to form a picture; but even if your tiny short note is the only review for a video, it might answer my question. Like maybe I was wondering if this video is crazy fast (maybe I've had that impression of the instructor in previous workouts) so when you say "Good pacing, not too fast and not too slow" you've answered my question.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 06:54 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:

I like both and all are helpful to someone! Sometimes I want a breakdown, sometimes I want the general idea, sometimes I want both

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 02:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

OK. This is the last time I will resurrect this thread. I hope that people who have gotten shiny new workouts for Christmas (whether from loved ones, yourself, or KCM) will do a review or two in the coming days. It would be a great way to end the year!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!

Laura

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-11, 04:59 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

No new Christmas workouts for me, but I got Blissology in a recent trade & will review once I have tried it all. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews, vf reviews