Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-11, 09:17 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The Holiday Gift I Want From My Fellow VFers!

There is something I'd like to receive from people here for the holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kawanzaa, New Year's, whatever.

REVIEWS!

There have been some great reviews posted here on the forum that I keep hoping are being posted as well to the reviews database. Plus, I hope people who get new workouts for/around the holidays will take a couple of the minutes they don't have to write up a review. They don't have to be long or involved - what you like and don't like is fine.

The reviews database is here. You search for a review and the click the button to post your own review. If it isn't in the database, there is a button that allows you to ask that it be added.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 09:21 AM  
SpiritSong

I will try to add this to my New Year's resolutions. I was always so intimidated by the people who review every single aspect of the workout. I just need to get over it and post my "I feel skinnier immediately after finishing" type reviews. (LOL. I promise to make them a bit longer than that.)

Old 11-18-11, 10:13 AM  
topfitmama

Thanks for the reminder, Laura, I have several workouts I've been meaning to review (including Kari's awesome Center Floor ). I should make it a point to share my views over at the database.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 10:20 AM  
gigi

I will try to do this for Peak 10 b/c I love it so much as well as Mark Laham's Yin Yoga DVD (when I receive it). It is hard for me to slow down long enough to write a "real" review.
Old 11-18-11, 11:47 AM  
naturallove

Laura-You got it! I haven't been doing video workouts for quite some time because of my hip condition, but I am sure that there are some things that I can do (and might be helpful to those with a physical limitation).

VFers-Should we keep a running list of our 'present' to Laura?
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 11:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I will try to add this to my New Year's resolutions. I was always so intimidated by the people who review every single aspect of the workout. I just need to get over it and post my "I feel skinnier immediately after finishing" type reviews. (LOL. I promise to make them a bit longer than that.)

There is no need for this. While such reviews are extremely helpful, a simple "gut response" review and an "I liked this about it but not that about it" is enough for most people!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 11:55 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks to all who join in. I usually try not to be too greedy in what I ask for with gifts, but I'll be totally "out there" on this one. Any review from anyone and everyone would be great. I'm one of those people who posts pretty long reviews, but I really do not expect others to do the same thing. I'm just a naturally verbose person and use too many words in a lot of situations in life - including reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritSong View Post
I had to chuckle at my reaction to your post. If you post "I feel skinnier immediately after finishing type reviews", can you imagine the immediate response and and run on those DVDs? You would be not only posting reviews but stimulating the economy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 12:00 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Laura, thank you for the reminder. I've been meaning to write reviews for a long time and will definitely add some this weekend!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 01:08 PM  
lindseylu8

I just posted one!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-11, 04:42 PM  
lisarah

Just posted my very first reviews! I'm another who doesn't do long, detailed reviews. I actually just copied some notes i had made about a couple videos when i was attempting to keep a fitness journal. Hope they help someone!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reviews, vf reviews