Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-24-11, 02:56 PM  
Getfit

20 Minute Fitness Bootcamp 2010 DVD

I saw this DVD on Amazon and I see it has 5 stars with 24 reviews; however, I did a search on VF and can't find any information of this workout. I am wondering if anyone here has ever done the workout and if so what are your reviews of it. Amazon has a clip of it but it is only 35 seconds. Any input is helpful .

http://www.amazon.com/Minute-Fitness...215364&sr=1-14
Old 08-24-11, 03:16 PM  
roz

If you notice, pretty much all the reviews have a title such as "Great Workout". They are short and every reviewer but one does not have any other reviews. They did not do a very good job of hiding the fact that they were fake reviews.
I was reading an article about fake reviews the other day-- I guess people are offering to write them for 5 dollars, but someone said that the best fake reviews contain a few minor negative remarks (nothing that would really put off the targeted customer). Ugh. It is all pretty crass.
roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 05:52 PM  
Eibhinn

The thing about the fake reviews is, they are usually SOOOO obvious and I immediately assume the product is probably crap when I see any. I think they backfire more often than marketers realize - for example, if someone had mentioned this workout without the mention of obviously fake reviews, I probably would have clicked through to check it out, but given the circumstances I didn't.

The worst offender I've seen on Amazon is something called the "Midwest Book Review" or something like that which is clearly a paid service. I looked at their profile once and they had 63,000 reviews and, as far as I can see, they were ALL five stars. Every one of them. That's actually worse than someone with only one review - that plausibly could just be a normal consumer who felt the need to write a review. 63,000 could not.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 08:15 PM  
Getfit

Thanks for your feedback, I am glad I didn't purchase it . I thought something was odd considering this workout was given excellent ratings but when I did a search of the workout on VF I could not find anything and if it was so great somebody here would be raving about it especially since it included kettlebells.
Old 08-24-11, 09:14 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfit View Post
Thanks for your feedback, I am glad I didn't purchase it . I thought something was odd considering this workout was given excellent ratings but when I did a search of the workout on VF I could not find anything and if it was so great somebody here would be raving about it especially since it included kettlebells.
Well, just because VFers haven't discovered something yet doesn't mean it isn't awesome, necessarily. Although it's sometimes hard to believe, there are plenty of fitness products out there that no one here has purchased or at least discussed. It can be fun to find a hidden treasure out there to share with other VFers, but you typically find some real duds on hunts that don't include reliable reviews. But sometimes you find gems.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-11, 10:29 PM  
juberann

There's a little preview clip on the second page. Looks awful and cheap. The "instructor" appears to have the personality of a cement block

Tags
20 min. fitness bootcamp, amazon reviews, false advertising, reviews