Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-20, 05:26 PM  
pharma_gal

Looking for a thread

Recently there was a thread with workouts that give you the most step count. I have tried using several search criteria but just can’t find it. Anyone remember? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 05:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i tagged this thread - perhaps you'll find the one you're looking for?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 05:31 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Using the tags bzar added, there was this thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228355
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 05:39 PM  
pharma_gal

Ah yes thank you. That’s the one I’m looking for. I’ve been seriously slacking on my steps due to some personal issues. I want to get steps in the next week. Will
be focusing on moving more.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 06:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

great! i love reunions (reunion of a VFer and a beloved thread)!

okay, so years back, there was a thread when pedometers were gaining popularity, and someone started listing names of common workouts on VF and how many steps there were. i'm trying to find THAT thread. if anyone finds it, please tag that thread.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
great! i love reunions (reunion of a VFer and a beloved thread)!

okay, so years back, there was a thread when pedometers were gaining popularity, and someone started listing names of common workouts on VF and how many steps there were. i'm trying to find THAT thread. if anyone finds it, please tag that thread.
So this one mentions a few..and an activity equivalent to steps in the chart referenced?
Is it more of a list by one individual?

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=106887

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 09:59 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
All I can find so far are these two threads that all have posts mentioning workouts and their corresponding step counts* and I tagged them as I went:

how many steps in a workout? 10ksteps a day
(I link to page 2 where most of the workout step counts seem to begin)

pedometer people - what's the best dvd for increasing your steps

*FWIW, my mom and I are currently exercising to Jessica Smith together and she always registers at least 1000 less steps than me for a 30 minute workout because her pace and movements are slower.

Some of the posted step counts (credit to Gams, NorahKate and others):

Aero Step - 45 minutes - 2,628 steps
Step Reebok: The Video - 3,603 steps
Jari Love's Get Ripped Slim and Lean - 74 steps
The Firm Cardio Party: 40 minutes - 3,761 steps
Ramping Up - Choreography Creations: 40 minutes - 4,300 steps
The Firm - Cardio Overdrive: 47 minutes - 2,936 steps
Ramping 123 class ready Vol.1 - 2,187

Various people's quotes (sorry no attribution):

"I get about 7000 - 8000 an hour doing Pure Spice or TF"

"I did a couple of older Leslie Sansone's this week, and for her very old 2 Mile Walk (the one with grapevines and more variety in it) got 3598 steps.
For her Yoga Walk I got 2063."

"I can get 5,000 steps in an hour long Cathe or maybe it's around 6,000. The Reeboks are a little slower paced than Cathe or Seasun Zieger so they'll probably be quite a bit less"

"on average, the Hi/Lo cardio tends to be about 1,500-2,000 steps for each 15 minutes of cardio. and hour long Hi/Lo workout comes out at roughly 6,000. football runs really up the # of steps, i notice!" (think this one was from you bzar)

"also, standing toning workouts tend to have fewer steps, sometimes less than 800 for a 45-minute workout."

"I find that I can get 5000-6000 steps with Leslie Walk Slim workouts (the 3 and 4 miles ones, that is)."

"I have the FitBit Zip and I usually average 4000 steps with [Leslie's] 4 mile walk."

"I normally do about 3 miles with [Leslie] and get over 5,000 steps."

"Leslie 4 Mile Power Walk from the Just Walk Series gave me 4213 steps in under 60 minutes."

"Leslie workouts on average for me are 1,500 steps per mile, if the 5 min. warmup is added it increases it up to 2000 steps"

"I got over 3000 steps with Jessica's YT Sunset Walk the other day. Other contenders are Madeleine Lewis's walk workout (Walking for Weight Loss I think is the title) and Chris Freytag's Walk Yourself Fit. I know I get close to 3000 steps on the Lewis workout, and maybe a little over 2000 for Freytag's."

"I get my most steps from dance DVDs. Zumba, Pure Spice... Kickboxing can be okay, but dancing is by far the best. I can get 500 steps easily from just one song."

"I never seem to get much more than 1500 on my Fitbit from Leslie..."

"I double the pace through the entire Leslie workout, even the warmup. On average I get over 2000 steps, sometimes more, doing about 40 min of any Leslie workout."

"I did some Rockin Body today & got a bunch of steps. Mark, Move & Groove gave me 1,482 & Party Express gave me 2,489 (& they're both pretty short)."

"One of the workouts I do that gives lots of steps is Kickbox Challenge by Dana Pieper when I do it on the rebounder. I have a Bellicon and have found that rebounding in that nets lots of steps. This morning I got 10,800 steps in 65 minutes with Dana's workout."

ETA: Posting at the same time as fanofladyvols.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
express cuts, fitbit, step count, steps