Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-19, 02:52 PM  
Bebop

Where can i buy the step in cathe workouts

Hi,

I need to replace my step and I would like the step Cathe uses.

She doesn't seem to be selling it at our site. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 03:37 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

did you look on amazon?

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 03:43 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Doesn't she use the original club step?

https://www.amazon.com/Step-Original...dp/B0007OWSXQ/

That's what I've always used for her workouts. Except I have the older version where the black surface on top has ridges/grooves.

Anyone have the newer version vs. the older version and can weigh in on whether the black surface without ridges is better/worse than the old style with ridges/grooves? (I can't believe I'm now tempted to buy a new step when mine has worked for me just fine for 15 years.)
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 04:16 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

I just bought a high step platform from https://www.elivatefitness.com/

Elivate sells "the step, the original health club step" https://www.elivatefitness.com/steps-risers

I like Elivate because they have great customer service, they are family owned. They used to be called FWOnline. I found out about them here, on VF, years ago.
Old 10-13-19, 04:42 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Anyone have the newer version vs. the older version and can weigh in on whether the black surface without ridges is better/worse than the old style with ridges/grooves? (I can't believe I'm now tempted to buy a new step when mine has worked for me just fine for 15 years.)
This summer I bought a new red Freestyle Step to replace my old teal The Step brand. It has the smooth black top and the main difference is it doesn’t hurt my hands like the ridges do if I do push-ups on the step. I also like how the Freestyle Step locks into the risers in the incline position which seems safer (and is the main reason I bought it). Other than that, I don’t notice any difference. It’s easier to clean sweat off of because it’s smooth. The ridges always have stuff in them on my other one but I just ignore it. I mean it’s not like I’m eating off of it or anything, but if that bothers you there’s that. In true VF fashion I didn’t get rid of my old step either because now I can do double step workouts once every five years, you know. Haha.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 04:50 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

To the original poster, I also believe Cathe uses The Step brand step, the grey one, I think. I bought my step through Walmart. They had the best price at the time and free shipping. It goes on sale from the usually $100 range. You should be able to get the grey one like Cathe in the $40 range. The Freestyle is more but I haven’t seen Cathe use that version yet.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 05:00 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
This summer I bought a new red Freestyle Step to replace my old teal The Step brand. It has the smooth black top and the main difference is it doesn’t hurt my hands like the ridges do if I do push-ups on the step. I also like how the Freestyle Step locks into the risers in the incline position which seems safer (and is the main reason I bought it). Other than that, I don’t notice any difference. It’s easier to clean sweat off of because it’s smooth. The ridges always have stuff in them on my other one but I just ignore it. I mean it’s not like I’m eating off of it or anything, but if that bothers you there’s that. In true VF fashion I didn’t get rid of my old step either because now I can do double step workouts once every five years, you know. Haha.
Thank you! I've been considering the Freestyle also but I have incline risers I got super cheap due to an online deal posted on VF years ago so couldn't quite justify that either. Oh dear. The ridges do hurt my back when I use my step as a weight bench, but I usually just put a yoga mat over it or a folded over towel but that's annoying to have to get out. I think it would also be easier to pivot and stuff without the ridges. And yes, all kinds of lint and dust gets in the ridges. I think I have successfully talked myself into getting either a new regular club step or the Freestyle. I'm going to put a camelcamelcamel alert on both because it looks like both drop in price at certain points during the year.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 05:12 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Does The Step risers fit the Freestyle? I can't believe I'm asking this... the one I have work just fine!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-19, 07:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

You might want to check thrift stores and Craig's list as well. I saw a club step and a collections of workouts on Craig's list for $40 earlier this year. I've seen new ones at Power System online as well.

As an aside, the price on these has held steady since I bought one in the late 80s. I bought the Step Reebok which I still use. I thought about replacing it at one point, but other than the fact that most of the letters have peeled off, it's just fine. I don't know that they even sell this one anymore. It doesn't have ridges, it has octagonal indentations. It never bothered my hands to do push ups on it, and I didn't realize the ridges of the club step could be an issue. I now I realize why Cathe sometimes suggests putting a mat on top of the step.

Good luck finding one you like! I've just recently gotten back into doing step workouts. I stopped for a number of years, I think because I just did it so much I got burned out. I also use a lower step height than I did previously to protect my knees.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freestyle step, step, the step