Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-22, 06:33 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I wish I had kitten energy

A couple of weeks ago I lost a cat after nursing her for several days after surgery. The day after she died I went to work and, lo and behold, there was a kitten in the store. She came home with me.

She’s about 9 weeks now, cute as can be, and so full of energy it’s astounding. If I had her energy I could rule the world. When she is not sleeping she is bouncing off everything in the house. Everything is fun, everything is a toy, and everything is interesting. It has been well over 20 years since I had a kitten. I had forgotten how much fun they are.

Who said “Youth is wasted on the young”?
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-22, 06:51 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Congrats on your new kitty! She sounds adorable. Even after she gets out of the kitten stage, she'll still be exuberant for quite a while.
Old 08-31-22, 07:35 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I’m sorry for your loss.

It sounds as if the kitten needs a kitten playmate
Old 08-31-22, 08:06 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
I’m sorry for your loss.

It sounds as if the kitten needs a kitten playmate
I didn’t mention that her favorite “toy” is her big sister’s twitching tail. Big sister isn’t quite as happy with this as the kitten might want, but big sister is very patient and only swats the kitten when she gets really out of control with the biting and playing. We are having so much fun.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-22, 08:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

congratulations! i think it's your former kitty's reincarnation.

i remember that stage - the eyes - they have that crazed look.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-22, 09:39 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
I didn’t mention that her favorite “toy” is her big sister’s twitching tail. Big sister isn’t quite as happy with this as the kitten might want, but big sister is very patient and only swats the kitten when she gets really out of control with the biting and playing. We are having so much fun.
_____
YADeb
Two kittens would be fun (so I’ve heard), but I’m glad she has an older sibling to keep her in line and to teach her “how to cat”
Old 09-01-22, 06:23 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Sorry for your loss. Congrats on your new kitty. I volunteer at a cat rescue every day and I could spend hours watching and playing with the kittens. Chasing them around to put them back in their kennels is sometimes quite a workout!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 06:54 AM  
sugar rose

Deb, I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. I hope your adorable new kitten & sweet older kitty help you heal from the loss. I love them all so much - all kitties!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 07:31 AM  
Rhonda

Sorry for you loss.

We had two kittens at one time and it was fun, needless to say one passed 6 years ago and the other is still alive and well. We have inherited a stray cat a couple years ago and she is about 3 now and our older one is 14 and the older one wants nothing to do with the younger one. there is a lot of hissing from the older one but they don't "fight" as much as they used to.

They all have such different personalities and traits but love them all just as much.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-22, 04:56 PM  
Malinda

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Three years ago, two babies wandered down our street and into our hearts. They were a brother & sister, teeny tiny. We put up fliers but no one claimed them, so of course we kept them. They definitely turned our household upside down! It was a chaotic blast! Our older kitty tolerated them until she went over Rainbow Bridge a few months later.

We'd never had kittens; we'd always adopted older rescues. It has been so fun to have siblings that love each other. But man, two kittens were quite a handful!

Enjoy! They grow up fast. We can't believe they're already 3!

Tags
cats