Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-22, 09:09 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

No workout yet for me today, I had to take my Lab to the vet this morning and my contractor started back to work on my bathroom, so too much going on for a morning workout.

I hope to squeeze something in this afternoon - I'm just going to be flexible on what I have time/energy for - with any luck the bathroom will be completed in 2 weeks or so.

Today I'm dragging for sure - the combo of not doing some sort of movement this morning coupled w/ it being Monday is not good!

Hope everyone has a good day!

How are you feeling Sherry?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 09:33 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did a Linda Wooldridge Upper Body band workout, as well as Charlotte Ord's Back to Basics fifteen minute segments for various body parts. My loop band wasn't as stretchy as I needed for Linda's workout so that was a bit frustrating. I wouldn't do that one again without a better tool. ;-) Charlotte's workout was no nonsense and I concentrated on arms, core, butt and back,

Sunday I did Susan Tuttle's seated chair resistance band workouts. There are two (30 minute) workouts and they just move a bit slow. But, it was nice to sit and get something in.

Sherry, I'm so sorry about your shingles diagnosis, but glad it was caught early!

Funny about the heat....my hiking group are headed to the movies this afternoon! I can't attend because I have my Hawthorne class....that I want to ditch.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 09:57 AM  
Leonana

Donna, I'm hanging in there. The antiviral meds help with the pain, so the back pain isn't too bad and it has kept it from spreading. However, the meds make me nauseous. I have five more days of the med, and can't wait until that's done! I will tell you that I'd rather be sick one day with the shot, than a week of nausea plus some back pain.
Old 07-25-22, 10:13 AM  
donnamp

Ugh!

The anti-virals didn't make me nauseous, but i do remember being very tired from Shingles....I think I took the meds for 10 days or something like that....

Edited to add...

Reporting back w/ an odd workout combo!

Ellen - Gentle Barre
Man Flow Yoga - Strength Foundations - Workout # 1

Talk about yin and yang!

The yoga was interesting - there were a lot of isometric holds and it was a lot more challenging to do than to just watch/preview. I'm going to work my way through these. I gained access to the 6 week challenge for $9, so it wasn't a big expense. My access ends after 7 weeks. I'll do as many as I can w/out putting too much pressure on myself. It is a balance - my workout time is my play time, too, so I don't always want to be "serious" about it, if you know what i mean.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.
Old 07-26-22, 07:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I got up super early (for me) today - I don't know why - other than my dog did not wake me up last night - but I'm glad I did as I was able to get my workout done before my contractor arrived at 7:30.

I used to be able to get up between 4 and 5 a.m. to workout before work, back in the old days - but working from home and having a dog that wakes me at least once a night got me out of the habit. I now generally get up at 6:30 and do my workout around 7:30 - and w/ WFH I'm ready to work between 8:30/9:00 - which were my hours when commuting.

Anyway - I'm glad I got it done, I did:

Ellen - Super Duper Sculpt

Ellen is low dread for me, so she is probably going to be a regular during the next few weeks while my bathroom remodel is going on.

This evening I will try another yoga from Man Flow Yoga or do some light cardio.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
Old 07-26-22, 08:40 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today I did a short lower body workout from the Summer of Strength. It's much cooler here today so I'm going to go out during lunch and run some errands and go for a walk.

I went to the office yesterday to move out of my cubicle. What a strange experience, but I'm glad that's over. I had been expecting they would do something about moving people around, so I started throwing stuff out last year, which made yesterday's move much easier and faster. I sat in that same spot for 17 years though and I found notes going back to 2005! Oh well, time marches on. I'm realizing not having a cubicle may turn out to be a good thing because now I won't be tethered to a spot and can sit anywhere, so we'll see how it goes.

Donna, my exercise routine completely changed when I started WFH. In the pre-COVID days, I used to only exercise at night, but now I do it in the morning before I start working. On days I go to the office, I exercise at night though.

Sherry, I got the Shingles vax last year and had no reaction to the first shot, but a nasty reaction to the second. I had a fever, chills, diarrhea, vomiting. It all lasted 24 hours and then I was fine. I had never had a reaction to a vax before, so I was surprised, but I think it was worth it.

Pam, I hope your hiking group will be able to go for a hike soon. It's cooler here so I'm assuming it's better there too.

Waves!
Old 07-26-22, 10:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

It turned out to be a great day for my kayak event today! I thought it was going to be too warm but there was a bit of cloud cover and some slight breeze once out on the water!

Afterwards I met up with DH for a late lunch and then we went mattress shopping again. Still trying to narrow it down, yet hit a number of stores in the process. Hoping to come to some decisions by week end.

April Focus:
Old 07-27-22, 08:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The contractor was here until late last night, so no evening workout for me. However, the weather was decent yesterday so I took my Golden for a short lunch time walk. I'm hoping to get back into that habit in the fall.

This morning I just did a short one:

Burpee Girl Short Workouts- Fat Burning Burn & Tone from 7/13/22

I like doing the BG short workouts - they go by fast, they are low impact, go at your own pace workouts. And they are barefoot, sometimes I can't be bothered with shoes!

I may get a stretch in later.

I will be back later to post personals!

Donna
Old 07-27-22, 01:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was a retro day! Thanks to our Goodwill stop yesterday, I picked up Elise Gulan's Shape workout and tried it out...and liked it! This was a great mix of styles of exercise types (yoga, ballet, strength, cardio) and very fusion-y. When I was doing the workout I was thinking I've done another workout that she leads and it was Elements Ballet Conditioning workout, and I remembered liking her! She's graceful and such a good instructor. The DVD has four short 10 minute segments and I did the Upper Body one which I loved! I also did the 20 minute interval cardio section, which was very good too! It has some high impact, but I modified it to low, and she has backgrounders that show advanced or beginner levels, too! One of the background gals was Deazie from the FIRM.

I also added Denise Austin's Total Body Makeover (Upper Body) workout! This was a great lighter weight workout and a great finisher today! Denise doesn't do very many reps of any one thing, but the variety in this was fantastic. No dread.

Doing both of these workouts makes me want to do a retro light weight rotation for August! I just have to plan it out so I'm not spending time trying to decide what to so. And, they need to be short workouts. Ellen Barrett is typically longer than I want to workout, but I enjoy her....so we'll see.

ETA: Elise's Shape workout, Ballet Conditioning, and Yoga workout (Exercise TV) are on YouTube.

April Focus:
Old 07-28-22, 10:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Did not get up early enough to get a workout in before the tile guy came...so hopefully this evening. I'm thinking something from Jessica Valent - straightforward weights or something.....

Pam - I like your idea of a retro-light weight rotation. I think I have or had that workout - I will have to check. I have so many DVDs that I'm not using. I really should focus on some of my oldies rather than looking to new streaming stuff all the time.

Sherry - how are you feeling?

wishiwasinhawaii - how is the heat by you? It is a bit better here....still humid though.

Donna

Tags
tablet