Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-11-22, 04:09 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today's workouts:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - # 1 Wyoming
Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners Core Section

I really do need to add a step workout in at least once a week - it is more intense than my indoor and outdoor walking and I think good for me for cardio health. This was an easy to follow routine - filmed near the Sweet Water River.

Whenever I do Jenny's outdoor workouts I always want to follow up with another outdoor workout which is how I ended up with Jane Adams. I really like her yoga practices. I may buy some more of them - I don't have her Balance & Strength, Yoga for Seniors or Stronger Standing Balance DVDs.

I also now have a yen to travel to the west - DH and I did a fair amount of traveling in the southwest/northwest during the late '90's/early 2000's - seeing the scenery from these workouts makes me want to go again.

Sherry - I'm glad that you are seeing some improvement - I think it will continue!

Pam - I will do at least the 4 week rotation and then I may switch - much depends on when my remodeling starts again b/c I will need shorter workouts

I was thinking up a rotation w/ Jenny's workouts and Jane's Yoga.....of course,LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 06:49 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I got a number of workouts in spread throughout the day:

Jenny Ford - March Across America # 11 - Florida
Jessica Valent - Side to Side Pilates Workout
Short dog walk
Jane Adams Yoga - Yoga For Beginners - Standing Poses & Complete Floor Practice

I think I'm going back to Jessica Smith this week.

I wish Jenny Ford would do "weights across America"!

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!

Donna
Old 06-13-22, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Monday - today, so far:

Jessica Smith - 38 Min Strength Workout - I can't actually remember if this is on the circuit DVD or the strength DVD - that is bad!! I think circuit. To me the strength and circuit DVDs are very similar. I liked this one - it is much like the others - slower paced, focus on posture and core. A fair amount of hip hinging - but I am managing that well - I think the slower pace enables me to focus more on my form.

I don't know what else is in store for today - maybe a stretch or a walk?

Hope everyone has a good Monday!!

I was really tempted to start the new Essentrics Challenge today -but I do want to finish up at least 4 weeks of this rotation before I move on!

Donna
Old 06-13-22, 11:59 AM  
Leonana

I walked around the mall for 20 minutes this morning. I saw other walkers, most of them my age. It's a popular spot in the summer heat. They open it around 6:30, although the stores don't open until 10:00. It really made me feel better emotionally, and relieved some anxiety.

Unfortunately, it triggered my trigeminal nerve pain. But it's only been three weeks since I started taking the med, and it takes four to six weeks for the full effect. The positive side is that it did eliminate the nerve pain, and I've been able to do more housework. But I guess it will take more time to enable me to exercise. Hopefully it will die down.

However, I do have some aching and sensitivity pain from teeth grinding. Even with the mouth guards, I still grind. The nerve medicine doesn't touch this, it's regular pain, which on the plus side will stop if I stop the grinding. There's the kicker, it's probably due to anxiety, and the more anxious I am, the more I grind. Which of course means I've been grinding more the past five months. It's a conundrum! I'm going to ask for anxiety meds when I see the psychiatric nurse on Monday. The TMJ doctor said there were some ways to relax my mouth, and I have a call in to him. Also, botox can stop grinding, as a last resort. My therapist has given me ways to distract myself too. Exercise is one of the best ways, so hopefully I can do more eventually. On the plus side, the mouth guards are protecting my teeth and gums. The frustrating thing is that the pain is caused by anxiety, but most things I need to do to relieve anxiety are forms of movement, which aggravates the pain. But I'm determined to figure it out!

Donna, good job at getting more strength work in. I guess Jessica's strength work is working for you.
Old 06-13-22, 12:05 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Work It: Total Body Circuit!

I did the 38 minute (shorter of the two) circuit workout today and liked it! The music is pleasant, pace is slow and controlled and nice variety of exercises. My favorite was the lunges to the side, rows and front presses, with leg cross overs. I also liked the pelvic tilts on the floor. This didn't seem overly long and hits everything, so will be happy to do again when it comes up.

Donna, I get them all a bit confused, too as they are so similar. She often does circuits in the Total Body Strength workouts, as well as the Split Sessions, too!

Sherry, sorry about the pain you're still experiencing but nice to get the walk in!

Hope your Monday is a good one!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-22, 12:41 PM  
donnamp

I'm glad you got out to walk, Sherry!
Old 06-13-22, 07:01 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I went out for a walk this morning before it got hot out and ended up walking 11,000 steps, which is the first time in a long time I've done that. Today is a lower body workout on the schedule, but I previewed it and it has a lot of lunges, so I decided to do a Total Gym workout instead.

I also had an argument with my boss about working from home. Her reasons for me going to the office once a week make no sense and I told her I'm tired of going in when all I'm doing is driving there and sitting in an empty office since hardly anyone goes in. With gas prices as high as they are, it makes even less sense. She won't budge, so I'm thinking maybe it's time for me to restart my job search because this will never end. She just can't admit when she's wrong.

Donna, I can't tell the circuit workouts from the other ones either, lol.

Sherry, Glad to hear you were able to get out for a walk. I'm no expert, but I imagine this will all take some time to work itself out between the meds and the therapy.

Pam, The 38 minute circuit hasn't come up yet in the schedule, but that sounds like a good one!
Old 06-13-22, 07:08 PM  
Leonana

wishiwasinhawaii, you are right. This will take time. Fortunately, everything is feeling better this afternoon. I guess I overdid it this morning.
Old 06-13-22, 07:55 PM  
donnamp

wishiwsasinhawaii - I agree, a total waste of time to sit in an empty office - what is the point of that?

Sherry - glad you are feeling better this afternoon.

I have 4 more days at my current job, then 4 weeks of working part-time for them. Which will probably mean doing 2 full time jobs for 4 weeks. I'm on vacation for one of those weeks though.

Donna
Old 06-14-22, 08:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on CS 604 - It is interesting to re-visit Season 6. It does move faster than the later seasons of CS. But I guess Miranda WAS younger then, too!

Today was a stretch/cardio day in Jessica's rotation - I didn't feel like doing the walking DVD or the stretching DVD this morning so I did:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America # 2 - Ohio
Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Segment 1 - Breath & Gentle Movement

I will probably do a little something later to energize!

It is very humid here - summer has hit!

Donna

Tags
tablet