Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-22, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a rainy day here so no outdoor walk but I did do LWR's 1,000 step walk at lunch along w/ her 9 Min full body sculpt. So at least I stuck to the habit of getting something in during the day rather than sitting at my desk all day!

I didn't do an evening session though.....

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Abs & Arms
Ellen - Quick Tone

For my lunch break today - I'll do LWR's 10 min heart health workout and maybe a 15 min essentrics session....

Liz - so interesting about Pahla and the back pain. I know someone else who had the same experience - so that is 3 of us! Did you have any pre-existing back issues? My back has bothered me in some way shape or form since i was in my 20's so I am never sure if it is a "just me" thing or not! Silver & Fit has a ton of workouts. I like the ones w/ Stacey Lei, Keli Roberts and Madeleine (whose last name now escapes me!!) I do admit to missing Pahla, but I don't want to trigger anything....

Pam -those hill climbs are tough. You are inspiring me to give my TM some exercise!

Sherry - It is funny, i used to be more partial to Cerave than Cetaphil, but I think I now prefer Cetaphil - it seems to work better for me. The only thing I hate is that some of their products have fragrance and not pleasant fragrance. I like the cleanser for normal/oily skin but it smells terrible. It has masking fragrance and stinks!! They reformulated a lot of their products, I think for the better, so once I finish up my Pond's experiment I'll probably go back to their stuff.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-22, 08:56 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Work has been crazy and I just haven't had a chance to post. I've been fitting workouts in when I can. I'm doing a paper workout now that I can do in 20 minutes or less and doing some other workouts here and there. I'll just keep doing this until Jessica's new set comes out.

Donna, Good luck with the job! I'm going back to work one day a week, and I think even that is too much, LOL. But two days isn't that bad. I know it's tough to think about after being home for so long. I stopped looking for a job because it just wasn't going anywhere. My job description is being updated so I'm waiting to see what the outcome of that will be.

Pam, Wow, I can't believe how much snow you got. We only got about 6" where I am.

Liz, I've never done any of Pahla B's stuff, but it is strange that so many of you have had back issues.

Sherry, It's great you found a cheaper dentist! I need to go soon, but my dentist is the type that likes to "recommend" things I don't really need and so I just don't feel like dealing with it. It seems a lot of dentists do that now. A friend told me her dentist does botox now. Yikes.
Old 02-04-22, 08:52 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's Back Friendly Strength workout. The upper tooth with the temporary crown is still bothering me, so I wanted something easy. Fortunately, the bottom one is now fine. Crossing my fingers the upper tooth gets better.

Pam, that sounds like fun to listen to entertaining stories about Scottish history and culture, along with New Zealand. I once waited six months to get a crown adjusted, so I can relate to your dh. You keep hoping it gets better. I've read dentistry is not an exact science, and that seems to be the case.

wishiwasinhawaii, sorry to hear work is still busy, but that's great you will only go in one day a week. I know what you mean, my last dentist was recommending stuff I didn't want. Botox by a dentist, yikes! Now I've heard everything.

Donna, I haven't tried a Cetaphil cleanser for my face yet. I know some of their products have fragrance, which is disappointing. I am using the CeraVe Body Lotion and the Healing Ointment. CeraVe works well on my body, just not my face. I'm using a variety at the moment, Olay for cleanser, Cetaphil for moisturizer, and Eucerin for sunscreen. I still like the Eucerin SPF 30 for sensitive skin. I like it under my powder foundation or regular foundation, it gives me a glow. I did pick up the Drmtlgy Broad Spectrum SPF 45, and it's nice for my face. It was recommended by Abbe Yung on You Tube. But it's $20 for 1.7 oz., and the Eucerin is so much cheaper at $9.99 for 4 oz.
Old 02-04-22, 11:27 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Good to see so many posting today!!!

More Scottish hill climbs today, though this one wasn't as steep as some of the ones I'd done previously. In this one Graham mentions his work with Sylvester Stallone in Rambo and one of the Rocky movies. He sang Stallone's praises which was nice to hear.

I am currently using all things CeraVe and have loved everything I've tried except the night time moisturizer/cream. It's just a little too thick and doesn't spread well, but I'm liking the non-fragranced products.

So, the latest is my PCP sent me to a sleep clinic to pick up a device that I wear overnight and it's supposed to monitor my sleep patterns. I did this last night and it was awkward to wear. You strap this monitor above your chest with a chest strap and plug into it a tube that's inserted in your nose. You also wear a a plastic glove around your index finger to maybe track heart rate. I had to return the kit today, along with a questionaire about my sleep habits. I'll see what the doctor says after I get my results. I can see inaccuracies in this test, if things aren't hooked up correctly and there are lights on the chest device that blink yellow to indicate you need to adjust something, which you might be sleeping through anyway. Being hooked up to a machine and not able to sleep on side or stomach comfortably is problematic, as is the anxiety of such a device worrying about whether it's functioning correctly. I slept maybe five hours last night. Fun stuff here!

Night all!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 12:54 AM  
lizh

Hi all,
Today I did another Silver Fit. I did another Intermediate Mixed Format. Donna thanks for giving me some names of instructors. There is so much to choose from! I'll give them a try.

I use a lot of Cerave products, too. I like the Hydrating cleanser and I use the "PM facial moisturizing lotion" day and night. That stuff is my holy grail. I occasionally watch videos from Angie/Hot and Flashy on Youtube. I have benefitted from all her experimenting! I use a lot of the products that she recommends. I've never had any procedures (yet!) but, hey! if my dentist had botox, I just might experiment. hahaha!

As for Pahla B and back issues. I haven't had issues with my back in the past, but when I started having discomfort, I had done several of her videos in a row and I thought it may have been the cause. I'm not sure if it was her videos or if I slept wrong or I pulled something somewhere else. I'll give it a few weeks and try her again. I like her intensity and workout length.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 01:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

More treadmill walks today with Graham McT. and Stacie Clarke. Graham descended the mountain, but I thought the translation to treadmill didn't work with the way it was programmed. Flat incline and speed at 3.6 to 3.9. That's jogging speed for me. ;-) Also, don't understand why we didn't start the workout at a high incline and work our way down, like you would IRL. And, of course have zero incline interspersed here and there for a moment for Graham to check out the view and the "walkers" to catch their breath, LOL. Stacie, OTOH was great in Rome, Italy and it was a nice tour of the city. She talked about health and wellness and taking care of "you." Rewarding yourself when you reach your goals. Getting enough rest....ha, I needed to hear that! Also, start saying "no" to things/people when you're stretched too thin when you would normally say "yes" to everyone. I like her as a coach and her husband is an iFIT coach, as well.

Have a good weekend all! It's a cold one here! Brrrrrr.....chilly.

PS. Liz, I just ordered the PM moisturizer, as I haven't tried that (or the AM one) for that matter. Thank you! ;-)

April Focus:
Old 02-06-22, 05:35 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Catching up on this weekend's workouts:

Saturday:

CS 1404 - Lucy Wyndham Reed - 15 Min Indoor Walk

Sunday:

Jessica Smith - Feel Good Fusion - Strength Workout
Jessica Smith - Total Stretch - 17 Min Workout

I may have inadvertently started Jessica's Fusion February since the workout I did today is Day # 1 of the DVD option! But, who knows. I have a hard time following rotations. I'm a little bored w/ LWR so I may not continue with that one - I do like her stuff for add ons/extra activity but not sure I like it is a main course.

Time will tell....I was thinking about taking one of Jessica's Walk Strong templates and just doing my own thing with it - in other words just plugging in a workout that fits the recommended prescription for the day - it can be one of Jessica's or another instructor - just needs to fit the "theme" of the day.

I think I do better w/ those types of rotations.

But, one never knows what I will want to do tomorrow.

Liz - I'm glad you are enjoying Silver & Fit - it is really a prolific channel!

Pam - I hope you get answers that result in a good nights sleep at some point. I struggle with staying asleep....I can fall asleep but I end up tossing and turning and thinking too much during the night.

Sherry - how is the tooth?

waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

On the skincare front - I did like the Cerave PM moisturizer but I think I like the Cetaphil version more:

https://www.cetaphil.com/us/moisturi...993889038.html

and I also like this one (and its Tinted SPF 20 companion)

https://www.cetaphil.com/us/moisturi...993889045.html

Hope everyone has a good evening - back to it tomorrow - although I did catch up on some work for my job this afternoon - hopefully it will make for an easier week.

Donna
Old 02-07-22, 01:15 AM  
Leonana

No workout yesterday or today. I’ve been really tired. I didn’t sleep well the past two nights, and am low on energy. I’m still taking ibuprofen for my teeth, so that wears me out.

Donna, my tooth is much better. Lower one seems fine now. Upper is much better, and I get the permanent crown this Wednesday. Crossing my fingers I get a break with my teeth for awhile!

Pam, I hope the sleep device worked for you. The treadmill walks sound nice.

Liz, I do love the CeraVe Healing Ointment. It’s great for the lips and other dry areas.
Old 02-07-22, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I surprised myself this morning - I did:

Jessica Smith - Total Body Balance - Cardio Flow AND Cardio Dance Sculpt

and I added on:

Jessica Smith - Simply Stretch - Chair stretch

I surprised myself b/c this was Day # 2 of the Fusion February challenge so I'm in for 2 days.

I plan to walk my dog today - the weather is warming up here so we should be able to get out.

Sherry - the redness relief moisturizer by Cetaphil is one of my favorites, too. The Cerave Healing Ointment is a go-to for me. I use it on my lips, if I have a paper cut or other cut, on any area that is chapped...I do like most of the Cerave products well enough, but i do find that for my face the Cetaphil seems to be less pore clogging for me. Oh I did forget to mention that I also love the Eucerin SPF 30 facial sunscreen. It is one of my go-tos and is so inexpensive. I have also used the SPF 30 body lotion by Eucerin on my face and it works well! I find that if I buy an expensive sunscreen I tend not to use as much of it as I should b/c I want to "save" it - so using something less expensive probably means I get more coverage. I think sunscreen is the hardest thing for me to settle on - the chemical ones tend to burn my eyes but most of the mineral ones are too heavy.

I sure hope you get a break from tooth issues!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 02-07-22, 03:03 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did walks in Croatia, Spain and Portugal with trainer Tommy Rivers Puzey. He's my fav iFIT coach, so far!

Today, I went to Cancun, Mexico and Savannah, Georgia.

I'm gonna stick to the TM and if I do other workouts, they will be bonuses on the days I have time to do so.

Have a good one, everyone!

April Focus:

Tags
tablet