Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-16-22, 08:48 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…glad the MRI is done. Hoping it gives you some answers.

VVfer…the new TBP was a good one for me too. Always enjoy a Daniel led class.

Kim…how are you feeling today?

FOLV… I was always extremely cautious with those flying angels. Good idea to keep them on the floor.

Shadowboxing was on the Peloton schedule for today. I subbed in Cathe’s Hard Strikes, no conditioning plus added on bonus abs. Sometimes I feel so sad that I am nowhere near doing cardio like I could in the past. I have to remind myself that it is OK to substitute very low impact and still enjoy these workouts. I finished with peloton full body strength 10 minutes and 20 minutes of stretching.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-22, 01:57 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Very quick post. Justin had to go to the hospital on Monday. Liver issues but they don't seem to know what's going on yet.
If it's not one thing..........

I'll be back later.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-22, 02:02 PM  
Mickey12

Sending prayers, Kate

Chele I feel better each day. Thank you for asking. I've been taking ibuprofen. I slept well last night and each day the soreness is less. Last night I did Madeleine Lewis' walking workout she did with Gaiam and I kept to the lower impact option. Today I went for a walk at lunch.
Old 03-16-22, 03:00 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Very quick post. Justin had to go to the hospital on Monday. Liver issues but they don't seem to know what's going on yet.
If it's not one thing..........

I'll be back later.
Kate...he can't catch a break. I am so sorry. Sending love and hoping for some good news when you post an update.
Old 03-16-22, 03:04 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Sending prayers, Kate

Chele I feel better each day. Thank you for asking. I've been taking ibuprofen. I slept well last night and each day the soreness is less. Last night I did Madeleine Lewis' walking workout she did with Gaiam and I kept to the lower impact option. Today I went for a walk at lunch.
Kim...so glad to hear this. The weather is beautiful. I was going to hook Winston to his yard leash so he could run around. But the clip must have rusted because I can't open it. He was so excited that I decided to just walk around the yard with him. First time since the accident. Had to constantly tell him to slow down. He and I always walked very fast together. Hopefully someday I will venture out into the neighborhood again.
Old 03-16-22, 04:50 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Kate - sending big (((hugs))) and prayers to your family.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-22, 05:59 PM  
fanofladyvols

Oh, Kate! Please keep us posted. I will join in prayer!

cataddict I'm so glad the MRI is behind you..yay!!

Kim I'm also glad you feel a little better.

ChelePA I love how you put your workouts together. I really enjoyed Hard strikes, too.

Wednesday greetings all around!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-22, 07:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Kate, sorry to read this! More hugs and good thoughts coming your way from California.

cataddict, I'm sure you're grateful to have that MRI in the rear view! Glad it wasn't too traumatic. That weather sounds very crazy indeed!!

Kim, glad you're still feeling ok -- and able to do some workouts, too!

Chele, so great that you and Winston got out together!! Sorry that you're feeling bummed about your cardio capacity.

Linda, so funny about maybe having another dvd you could do.

This morning I did CL #28 Total Body High Reps. Wow, I think that's the most I've worked my muscles in quite a while. It'll be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow. And, I went pretty darn light on weights, too! Some of the leg stuff I dropped the weights altogether. But it felt good.

I'm in the middle of making dinner and a bit worried about how spicy the pepper I put in is going to be. My hand is burning and I touched my mouth with my hand and my lips are burning. Aw-oh!
Old 03-17-22, 08:49 AM  
ChelePA

Bee… we don’t tolerate spicy at this house. My husband would need a gallon of water with just mild wings. Ha ha.

30 minute dance music cycling class. 5 minutes basics yoga: half splits. 10 minutes standing yoga. 20 minutes focus flow: core. 10 minutes foam rolling:quads.

Happy St Patrick’s Day to all my Irish friends!
Old 03-17-22, 10:36 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All

I am continuing with Lift with Cee – PPL, some barre, the new Cathe Live each week and a mixed bag of cardio workouts. I went on a three mile walk yesterday while listening to an audible book.

Kate- You and Justin are in my thoughts and prayers

Mickey-I hope your back and neck are feeling better.

Chel- have you tried any Suzanne Bowen’s barre and rebounder workouts. They are “lite” and she uses a stability bar. Cathe’s cardio hits, step works is worth trying again. Cathe step works are repetitive she uses so many of the same moves on her step DVDs (maybe with slight variations). I agree with Cataddict that Cardio Classics vol. 1 IS easier. The step workouts on Cathe Live are very basic and a good starting point.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in