Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-21, 09:40 PM  
bex

Caroline Girvan/EPIC Check-in. Everyone Welcome!

This is a check-in for anyone who enjoys Caroline Girvan's workouts.

It doesn't matter if you're smashing your way through EPIC 1 or 2, or if you sometimes dip in and out of her stand-alone workouts.

Post every day, or just drop in to share about something you've done.
Feel free to post about other workouts you're mixing in.
Everyone is welcome.

The theme music is playing, and Let's go!
Old 01-18-21, 09:52 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I am not following her rotations, but I'm using EPIC 2 workouts.

Today EPIC 2 Day 5 Full Body workout. This workout is metabolic. More emphasis on lower body. I used 10, 12 and 15 lbs. I feel like some exercises I could have gone to 20 lbs. I enjoyed it. Would do it again if the opportunity presents itself.

I am planning MOSSA workout tomorrow. I am on trial period with them, and I'm going to use them to the fullest. I like their cardio.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 10:50 PM  
bex

Thanks for joining hdw.

To introduce myself, I started with Beginner EPIC in November. I did it 3x to prepare and then started EPIC 1 in December.

I'm working through the series in order, but I mix in other workouts or extra rest days as my body needs.

On Saturday I did Day 18, Chest & Triceps, plus some Cardio Coach on the elliptical for extra burn. Then I was *wiped* and needed an afternoon nap.

On Sunday I did a Yoga 30for30 practice, and yesterday I was planning to take on Day 19 but felt a cold coming so took a rest day instead.

Looking forward to hearing from others!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:33 AM  
Erica H.

I'll join! I run or spin for cardio and use Caroline for weights. I prefer splits, so I do her splits or modify some of her workouts to turn them into splits. I do abs on my own and hate floorwork so I end up piecing different workouts together sometimes. I also mix in other youtube workouts - mostly Sydney Cummings. I'm enjoying these youtube workouts so much that I never reach for my DVDs anymore!

My big regret is that I don't/haven't taken notes on the workouts I've done, so I don't remember what I like/didn't like about each one or how I modified the workout to work for me.

Going to do Epic 2 day 13 today! Yesterday, I did the standing work from Epic 2 Day 12 and added the lower body work from Friday's trisets. All of them are great workouts!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 09:10 AM  
buffmama

Hi everyone! I started EPIC I right before the new year and have been following the calendar for the most part. I do my long workout on Sun and my HIIT on Tues. Wed, Thurs and Fri are the other workouts. I started on a Sun, so after Sun and Tues I am doing the workouts that precede those. Hope that makes sense.

Prior to EPIC I was mostly doing Heather Robertson's workouts for probably about 6 months and following her monthly calendars. I also do pilates and yoga daily. Rest days I do some additional yoga and about 30 min of a Jenny Ford step workout.

Today was Day 20 DB HIIT. I was scared of the first couple of workouts but seem to be doing OK. I modify when needed (especially the lower ab exercises using my pilates background) and use multiple weights to try and get the best workout. Already wondering if I should repeat EPIC I before doing II. Ha. I think there is a lot of room for growth here. I am also looking forward to working out more with growingannanas.
Old 01-19-21, 05:46 PM  
IceQueen07

Thanks for starting the check-in. Today was Day 32 of Epic I for me, Obliques & Shoulders. I definitely feel like i am stronger in my shoulders since starting. Can I use the same weight as Caroline? No way, but I am increasing as I go along. Tomorrow will be the last day I can do weight workouts until next week as the movers are coming to get our stuff. I have to figure out what to do until I can continue with Epic.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 08:07 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I did MOSSA Blast for my cardio today. My legs are sore so tomorrow will be upper body... looking at Day 13 Chest/Triceps.

I was a Cathe girl. I have every workout of hers. I kept the ones I like which is A.LOT. They are untouched since I discovered Kettlebell and Caroline. I would definitely pay for her channel since her workouts are so different than others.

Buffmama -- I don't think you need to finish EPIC I to do EPIC II. I like EPIC II better. So far the 2 full body workouts are sprinkled with metabolic workouts -- swings and squat steps. Love it!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 08:58 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Buffmama -- I don't think you need to finish EPIC I to do EPIC II. I like EPIC II better. So far the 2 full body workouts are sprinkled with metabolic workouts -- swings and squat steps. Love it!
Thanks for the info. I am really enjoying EPIC I and am just figuring out how I want to transition to II. Thinking about doing the Dec rotations Caroline has posted repeating some of the workouts from I. A week off is probably a good idea but one I am unlikely to follow. Today was Epic I Day 16 Back and Bis. Love focusing on the big muscles and only finishing the workout with bis. Makes much more sense to me than spending equal amounts of time on all muscle groups. Guess I should add that my workouts look like drop sets as I decrease the weight as we progress and I get tired. Something to work on for another round.
Old 01-20-21, 09:02 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I did MOSSA Blast for my cardio today. My legs are sore so tomorrow will be upper body... looking at Day 13 Chest/Triceps.

!
I did chest/triceps yesterday and it was brutal! Good luck!

Did Epic 2 quads/abs workout today, but only did standing portion of quads and then finished up with part of a Syndney Cummings glutes workout.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 03:42 PM  
manleym

Hi! I'm popping in from another check-in group. Hope that's ok.

I've been a part of the Cathe Chronological Rotation check-in since January of 2019. The check-in name was renamed "Watulan Fierce Deities of 2021! All are welcome!!" when the thread was moved from GD and C&C. So like hdw I''m a Cathe girl! However, I've just started exploring Heather Robertson, Annanas, and am wanting to explore Caroline.

Another VF friend in the check-in and I want to do one of Caroline's workout as our Fun Friday workout. Do ya'll have any suggestions for a Fun Friday Caroline workout? Neither of us have done any of her workouts, but we're both Cathe girls and really want to try Caroline. And we'd would love for ya'll to join us for a Caroline Fun Friday workout! How fun it would be to have some of us from each check-in group doing the same workout, if anyone would like to join us!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caroline girvan, growing annanas, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle