Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-27-14, 09:24 PM  
Pam

Metric Kettlebells--Recommendation Where to Purchase

I would like to purchase a few metric kettlebells, as the weight would be somewhat between the Kettlebells I have that are in pounds. I find the 5# jump to be difficult in some exercises. I have tried wearing wrist #, but didn't find that very effective in helping me to work up to a higher weight.

I have searched Google and Amazon and only came up with a couple places that sell metric KB and the KB were very expensive as compared to what are common prices for KB in pounds.

Anyone bought metric KB in the US? I am sure shipping would be very high to have them shipped from outside the US.
Old 05-27-14, 09:28 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have 8kg, 10k, and 12k bells that I purchased from Perform Better. I am pretty sure they carry the other intermediate weights like 14K which I do not have.
There are other brands that sell metric bells but they are usually more expensive than PB.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 09:54 PM  
dela

I also purchased most of my metric bells from Perform Better, I like the ones that are vinyl coated because I like the all the colors , but they are my favorites because I find the handles the perfect size, and they are smooth. I have the 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 kg. Then I filled in some gaps with Power System bells at 20 pounds, 35 pounds and 45 pounds. For some reason the 12KG handle is a big larger and bumpier than the rest.

Sign up on their sites to receive specials, I just wait for a sale, especially one with free shipping before I make additional purchases. Sometimes if I leave stuff in the Power Systems cart, I get those ads when surfing to come back and purchase my cart with 20% off and free shipping, that's how I got the 45 pound bel.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 10:41 PM  
Pam

Thanks ireidgreen and dela! Just what I looking for, even in colors & vinyl. I now have a couple KB in my Shopping Chart at PB and have signed up for their newsletter. Thanks for the info on discounts.