Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-14-11, 06:17 PM  
Pixiequeen

Tracy Anderson

Anyone seen the results that people are getting on her facebook page they are amazing. I also like the fact that everyone is all different ages, and have challenges to overcome (like kids) in order to get in a workout. What is everyones opinions on this method? 2hrs seems like a lot of working out in one day but people on her facebook page seem to be getting it all in in one day. Some of them have 4 or 5 children.
Pixiequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 06:20 PM  
daisysunshine

I can honestly say - [not doing the bootcamp/TAM method]. I try to aim for 2 hours a day. (straight). It's 1 hr balletbody/just b method podclasses, 1/2 hr stretch 1/2 hr cardio. and then it's done. the days I can't do 2 hrs in a chunk I try to get it done in the evenin time. but then I like to exercise so i do it

I think it's really possible but it does take a lot of planning and comittment to exercise that long.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 06:31 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm thinking of doing a TA rotation starting next week. I have the PDS I-II-III, Mat Workout and PP Workout. Cardio will be a stationary bike. I don't have the time or energy to devote 2 hrs a day. I'm going to aim for a TA workout plus maybe an add on cardio 3-4 days a week and then a straight cardio session 1-2 times a week. Back in the 80's I did only floor work and stationary bike and my legs were the thinnest they have ever been. Of course I was in my 30's and weighted like 108

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 07:14 PM  
ellenalesa

Don't have book yet, what is TA Bootcamp like?

My plan is to get to B&N this weekend. Can anyone tell me what bootcamp is like? How many calories a day? 2 hours of exercise? How long does it last, 30 days, right?
ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 07:44 PM  
Pixiequeen

The calories are very low, so I will not be attempting this diet since I am currently still breast feeding. You do the muscular structure for 1hr and than the dance cardio after for 1hr. People have been getting amazing results with or without the diet. I am going to work up to it I just started really working out since having my second child 3 months ago, so I have been doing Montenegro Method, Turbo Fire, and Tonique 4 days a week for 30min. Next week I am going to start doing an hour of working out and increase from there. I think in a couple of months I will be able to incorporate a little TA, but I know I will never be able to do the diet, way to restrictive for me.
Pixiequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 08:20 PM  
DebbieRN

Cindy,

I have the same five TA DVDs and received a Schwinn exercise bike from Santa for cardio, so I'm thinking along the same lines as you. I need to work on my bone density and muscle mass, so won't be following her diet.

I'm focusing on endurance, not necessarily strength, and the longer workouts are helping me build that. I have joint issues, so do what I can. On good days the weights and kettlebells come out but if I could only do barre and TA/dance stuff, I'd be happy. My bones would probably not be though, so all in moderation.

Debbie
DebbieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 09:33 PM  
txfitmom

If anyone is interested some of us are currently doing a TA 30 Day Challenge right now.
Check us out at: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=159423

Ya'll can come on over and ask us guinea pigs questions, we are all learning as we go. Some of us are doing all of TA's stuff dance, muscular structure work, etc, and some of us are doing other things for cardio.

Right now, my muscular structure work (I am in sequence 1 in the book right now) is only taking me around 20-30 minutes. I can only do so many reps right now (around 15-20) per exercise so it goes a little quicker. As you add more reps then I can see it taking longer, but really the first sequence is pretty efficient. When you get to sequence 2 and 3, I can definitely see that taking longer...there are definitely more challenging exercises and I think more exercises as well.

Also, you don't absolutely have to do 60 minutes of cardio every day. I am trying to get to that goal, but some days I only manage 30 minutes of cardio...something is better than nothing. I feel like I am getting the most results from her muscular structure work anyway. I am also combining her exercises with P57 and a few heavier weights workouts.

As far as her diet, I feel it is pretty extreme. I am following my own plan that is not as low in calories and has more protein...I say do whatever floats your boat...you can still get results.

So, anyone care to join us for the TA torture?
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 10:46 PM  
fitmummy

it is a torture/you deprive your bosy from real nutrients/when i went to her class she cant stop talking about her jars and promoting unhealthy lifestyle/her workouts are good but she has no background and knowledge/ one opf the women almost fainted after her jar diet/no comments
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 07:43 AM  
furmomof6

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson book, tracy anderson results