Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-09-22, 08:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 1 Push/Strength (I'm starting round 20). I followed that with Travis Eliot Upper Body Yin Yoga. I always need a good stretch after a Push workout.

Laura, I missed your post yesterday. Glad you got something nailed down for a get away. We want to go back to San Luis Obispo later this month. I hope it works out. Since we've been there before we know where we want to stay and what we want to do it's just working it in around stuff DH is having done to the plane cuz we do want to fly there - so much easier than driving. I'm glad you and Anita have worked out the theme/start sequence. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Anita, I should gather up old jewlery and take it to a jewler for apprasial and either sell it or give it to one of the nieces, I'm not wearing it. I have stuff from both sides of the family. My favorite frozen dinners at TJ's and the corn and black bean enchaladas, the vegan Tikia Masala, and the vegan chicken nuggets. We like the vegetable bird nests. DH likes the cheese and green chilis tamales, some of the burritos, and there's another one that I can't remember. We also get lots of basic stuff - oatmeal, bananas, eggs, salsa, coffee filters, crackers, cheese etc there. Seems like every time we go we're getting more basic stuff there. Lately I can't find the corn and black bean enchaladas they haven't had them for weeks. But it's that way everywhere, stock just isn't coming in the way it used to.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 10:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Grr, still not posting regularly!

Thu 8/4 116 minutes
12 minutes (from 2 sessions toe yoga)
30 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
10 minutes (from J. Valant Thoracic Mobility Exercises - For Posture and Back Pain Relief!, YT)
5 minutes (from J. de Groot Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 9-caterpillar pose, YT) 1st time
59 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.74 mi)

Fri 8/5 157 minutes
4 minutes (from AEXEL Programming -4 Minute Follow Along PVC Pipe Mobility Routine, YT) 1st time
12 minutes (from C. Jordan Hamstring Tendonitis Pain: Exercises That Will Help Heal Your Hamstrings part 2, YT)
8 minutes (from C. Jordan No Impact Foot, Calf, and Shin Strength Exercise Video, YT)
12 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
12 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 2)
31 minutes (from 2.28 mi for 10k trainer wk2 day3/Zombies Run S3M55)
20 minutes (from M. Giordano Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice)
46 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.89 mi)

Sat 8/6 152 minutes
97 minutes (from 4.56 mi nature walk at RLSP with hubby)
15 minutes (from A. Carver 15-Minute Yoga For Thoracic Mobility, YT) 1st time
19 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Post Workout Stretches for Lower Body and Pelvic Floor, YT) I really love this one
9 minutes (from 1 dog walks .61 mi) rained most of the afternoon & evening

Sun 8/7 50 minutes D&D DAY
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
33 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.06 mi)

Mon 8/8 233 minutes
55 minutes (from trimming out of control lilac bush)
33 minutes (from PT strength exercises + stretches)
9 minutes (from J. Fairley The Source Chiropractic -Thoracic Mobility Routine Exercises and Stretches, YT) twice through
14 minutes (from J. Dunne Kinetic Revolution 30 Day Challenge to Transform Your Running stage 1 day 3)
36 minutes (from C. Johnson ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Circuit 1)
14 minutes (from D. Siebers Slim in 6 Slim & Limber)
60 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.62 mi)

Had my second opinion appt today for my feet. This guy seemed perplexed as to why the first guy recommended surgery. I have very little pain, great mobility, great spacing btwn the joints. He agreed that I have elevated first metatarsals but wasn't concerned about it. He said other than that and the mild bunion my feet look really good. Huzzah! I asked if I need to avoid or modify any activities and he said no, do whatever feels good. I realize two complete opposite opinions might indicate a need for getting a third one, but I just don't feel that's necessary at this point. I know the anomaly in structure exists so I can monitor any changes in pain or appearance and reevaluate as necessary. He said the orthotics and what I'm doing otherwise (I mentioned the toe yoga and wobble board) should be fine. I am so glad I went through with getting the second opinion and feel relieved that I can get on with my life now!

The fudge was a hit and I left the rest for our friend to take to work. I did not need all that around here plus I would rather cookies!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 07:57 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Got A LOT done yesterday! My coins, ingots, and jewelry are still at the shop awaiting an estimate of their value. I got my walk in and did some shopping and stopped by the bank also. Also voted!

Today is an open day also - I'll see if some friends would like to take a walk with me. Otherwise more putzing.

Laura, sounds like Beaufort, NC would be a perfect place for you and your DH to visit this summer! Hope you enjoyed your catch-up day!

Paula, Enjoy your trip to San Luis Obispo! I'm just relieved to be working on the stuff in my jewelry drawer - I don't have anyone to give it to and it's too expensive to go to a charity shop. Once I hear back from the jewelry appraiser, I'll also have a whole bunch to give to charity - these are just common jewelry - I'm looking to downsize this collection - lots don't get worn these days. I buy the basic stuff at TJs also, but some of their stuff seems to go bad quicker than stuff I buy at the regular grocery store (almond milk). This week, I was just too lazy to shop at several places...

Vantreesta, you're being a consistent exerciser - your dogs must be happy with all their walks in this cooler weather! Glad this second doctor didn't recommend the surgery - are you able to continue with him? I'm glad you are feeling some relief getting an opinion more consistent with what you've been doing for your feet.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 01:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning, I went to the YMCA and did a full workout on the seated elliptical. I went on the earlier side for me because I had some errands to run afterward. I went to the library to do a big book swap (returning books and picking up new ones). Then, I went to Walmart to do a pick-up order. After putting that away, I cooked DH some ground turkey spiced for lettuce wraps, something different than what he has been having. I may have some of it myself. This afternoon, I will take DH to his PT appointment and drop in on my chiropractor.

This morning, I have gave Polly and long and good brushing. We both enjoyed that. Last night, we left her outside into the evening because it was a nice evening and she was so enjoying it. Then, she disappeared and didn't come home until after 10:00. DH just put her in her room and closed the door when she came home, and she didn't appreciate that. Oh well. Tonight, we'll probably ensure she comes in earlier.

Vantreesta - I would say that if the first doctor totally disagreed with what your body is telling you and the second totally endorsed what your body is telling you, I'd be tempted to stop at this point. But you may want a tie breaker. Good job on the exercise. Those dogs provide a lot of motivation to you!

Paula - What's in San Luis Obispo that you enjoy doing? I've heard of it, but don't know much about it. Starting this week, most of the themes are based on Maxine cartoons. Some, like this week, were too long, but I shortened them.

Anita - Congrats on your productive day. That feels good, doesn't it?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 09:30 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 2 Movement Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Just a putz day here. I got some housework done but was able to get alot done on my latest quilt so that felt good.

Vantreestra, you are an exercise goddess, you're very committed. There's a retired PT on YouTube, Margaret Martin. She has exercise videos on many body parts, just giving PT routines for different body parts, I know she has one on how to massage your feet and another on Plantar Faciltis and Foot Alignment, cuz I've checked those out. You might find something from her that would help you. I have bunions and have had PF, I use orthodics in my athletic shoes. In short I'm no stranger to foot pain so I've had to use videos like this from time to time. I'll have to check out toe yoga - is that on YouTube, who does that? It is wonderful the second doctor didn't think you needed surgery, always a good feeling. I agree with Laura if your body is telling you that surgery isn't needed, you may want to quit now and not go for a third opinion. Glad the fudge turned out well and your friends enjoyed it.

Anita, hope you were able to get out and walk, with or without your friends. We aren't going to SLO yet - just talking about it at this point, if we go it will be later in the month. I don't know what it is but I find with produce none of it lasts as long as it used to no matter where I buy it. I was getting out some butter lettuce for a sandwich today and it was all brown - I just bought it on Sunday. I think with the trucking problems things just aren't getting to the markets as timely as they used to. Good getting the jewlery to in to the shop, that's something I'd think about and talk about and never get around to doing.

Laura, sounds like you had a busy and productive day. Polly wanted you to stay up and pet her before going to bed? San Luis Obispo is a college town, there's a CSU there so it has that energy. It's a smallish town with alot of California history, an original Mission, Victorian homes, historic buildings throughout the town. It's an interesting place to walk around visiting the shops and restaurants. You can find a restaurant there for anything you might want to eat except bugs. On Thursday nights, weather permitting, they do a huge "Farmer's Market" which is more like a downtown street fair with food, live music, and a festive atmosphere. Also it's close to the ocean there are beautiful beaches and parks nearby to visit and hike. It's about a half hour drive to Paseo Robles which is the wine mecca of Central California. We mostly stick to SLO and drive up the coast to the parks and beachs but last visit we spent an afternoon Paseo Robles. We didn't buy any wine (we did get some maple walnut fudge at a sweet shop). Paseo Robles too has some interesting history, neat old homes and buildings. It's a nice place to stroll around, it was really hot the day we were there so we didn't stay as long as we might have otherwise. It's a great place to visit if you're into wine - there are wine tasting places everywhere. Just an interesting aside - do you remember Jack LaLanne? He lived in the nearby town of Morro Bay.
Old 08-11-22, 07:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today is another lovely day outside . I'm waiting to hear if Carcassonne will be on for this morning or not. I did go for a walk with friends yesterday - I'll go for another by myself today. Otherwise more putzing planned - some garden work pulling weeds and trimming plants that have finished flowering. The city came through and took down two trees on my block that are by the road - I saw another house in my neighborhood that has two huge oak trees down in their back yard - wow! I'm kind of scared that may happen to my neighbors one day .

Laura, nice to make a library run - they'll be tearing down our library and replacing it with a new building. Lots of mixed emotions about the classic old building, but frankly it was hard for some to get around in and it was poorly using its space. It seems I have to search for books from home and have them sent to our library for pick-up - not much I'm interested in is just on their shelves. Hope that changes with the new library. Sounds like Polly has to learn about curfews . Your ground spiced turkey sounds good!

Paula, glad you had a good day progressing on the quilt! SLO sounds like a wonderful city - I'd like those features! So is Jack LaLanne's home on the celebrity maps still? I remember him on TV as a kid.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-11-22, 04:34 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today went by really quickly. This morning, I started a couple of loads of laundry. (I need to go put the second load in the dryer now.) And I cleaned up the kitchen. This afternoon, I went to a regional library and met an in-person client to help him get started with Microsoft Office. This evening, I need to put a few things away to prepare for Mom and Dad coming over tomorrow for lunch.

Anita - It's bad when you can't find books in a library. Hopefully, the new building will be better. I have a long list of books I want to read and I have them sent to a small local library close to me a few at a time and then go and pick them up. There are enough books in this library that I can wander around and find books when I'm in the mood. Send that beautiful weather to the south east! It's supposed to arrive tomorrow and we're supposed to have temps in the 80s for days and days! Yay!!!!

Paula - That sounds like a nice town to visit. I'd think there's enough to do that you could get into something different every time. I do remember Jack LaLanne.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-11-22, 08:45 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 3 Cardio (24 min) Tamilee Standing Stretch (11 min) and a neighborhood walk with DH (25 min). We cut our walk short this morning as DH is having back pain and wanted to head back home early. I'm putting in the times because Vantresstra does and she inspires me. Really though, my daily workouts are usually between 45 minutes and 65 minutes - I don't put in the time she does.

We didn't do much today, we drove out to Corona to pick up some stuff from Aircraft Spruce (a plane supply store) that DH needed, we then went to lunch at the Corona Airport Cafe. I did a little gardening when we got home but mostly it was a lazy day.

Anita, given what you said, your neighbors have a large old tree on their property? If it came down would it damage their house? When my brother first moved to NC their first house was on a lot with a lot of trees, several came down in a storm and they were lucky none of them hit the house. They had several removed after that. The home he lives in now doesn't have any large trees where they would hit the house if they came down. I guess we all do the same thing with the library, I go through the listings online put a hold on the ones I want and pick them up at my local branch. I mostly take out audio and ebooks though, I find them so much easier than books, my eyesight doesn't like that small print anymore. Jack LaLanne's home is not on a celebrity home list, I know he lived in Morro Bay, I have no idea which house was his. I don't know whether any of his family still live there.

Laura, today went by quickly for me too and I can't really say why. You at least met with a client and had an actual appointment, I had nothing important to do. Hope you get your nice weather tomorrow. Just about everyone remembers Jack LaLanne, he was on television for so many years while we were growing up.
Old 08-12-22, 06:53 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a rainy day here - normally not something I'd celebrate, but after this year's drought, having it rain is wonderful! I'll be going in to work at the WRC this morning. Afterwards, if it's stopped raining, I'll go for a walk, if not, just home for more putzing. I did replant a big container plant yesterday.

Laura, enjoy your parents over for lunch! Looks like we'll be in 80s temps for the next week or so - forgoing more 90s days doesn't break my heart!

Paula, my neighbors are younger guys - they have two huge oak trees in the backyard - those could do some major house damage if they came down. They haven't invested in any tree trimming to cut out dead branches . The lady with the trees down about a block away did get damage in the backyard shed and plants, but I think their house is OK. Hopefully she's got someone to take care of these trees in the next week. Unfortunately I think she's got financial difficulties .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-12-22, 05:59 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has gone really quickly. This morning, we got ready for lunch and I went and picked it up. The food was really good and we enjoyed being out on the sun porch. It was the first day in weeks that it was cool enough to eat out there. Besides the food and seeing us, my parents enjoyed seeing Polly wander through a couple of times.

Last night it stormed and rained hard. It was supposed to end around 5:00 a.m., but it took until about 10:00 a.m. for the rain to end and the clouds to lighten up some. That meant that we had the coolest day we've had in a long time with highs in the 80s. And we are supposed to have highs in the 80s for days to come. Yay!

Anita - In Maryland, we had a string of pines along our driveway that alternated on either side of the property line between us and our neighbors. While we lived there, three of them came down and they all fell toward our house. We were so fortunate that none of them hit the house, even though they all ended up in our driveway. Our neighbors came over a couple of years before we moved and said they were taking the rest of them down because the trees had obviously reached the end of their natural life. We happily agreed to pay for half of the cost of that. It's a scary thing to see a tree laying on your driveway feet away from your garage. We were lucky.

Paula - It sounds like yesterday was a good day. I hope today was much the same.

Laura's Workout Mantras: