Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-20, 01:39 PM  
Tugger31

Question Essentrics Question

I have 2 Essentrics dvds

1. Full Body Toning
2. 2 30 minute workouts...Arms, Abs & Waist Toner AND Legs, Butt & Thigh Thinner

I'm a bit disappointed after doing both of these dvds as they so identical that I feel like I wasted my money getting both.

With the current sale going on right now is there are other Essentrics (or Classical Stretch) dvds that would complement what I have now?

(I"m not opposed to ab work but the least amount of ab work would be best b/c I can't do any crunch moves after I had surgery on my neck so I don't want to waste money on a dvd with many things I have to modify)
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 02:06 PM  
DCW

You may want to try streaming for their free two week streaming trial. You could sample the different instructors and dvd workouts.

I think the sale is over.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-20, 02:09 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Tugger - Those are both older workouts, especially the one with two 30 min workouts. The method has evolved a lot since then. You might like the later CS seasons, especially season 13. IIRC, it has several all standing workouts. I love Body Sculpting Series 2 & Stretch Series 1 with Gale, Meg, & Amanda. They are awesome instructors. There is still some AB work but it’s minimal as all both of these DVDs have three 30 min workouts. The Stretch series is slower and gentler than BSS2.
DCW’s suggestion of an ETV trial is a good one so you can see try before you buy.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 07:30 AM  
Izzy

Tigger, The arms Abs etc etc is my very favorite Essentrics workout. When they discontinued it, I bought 2 just in case. When I started CS I wasn’t getting Miranda so I did 2 weeks of Arms and Abs and finally got the concept. It allowed me to do Miranda’s CS episodes and keep going when she would get off track as she does. Miranda is the brains behind this method but instructing is not her forte. She tries though. Sahra is an excellent instructor so I learned from her which allows me to fill in Miranda’s gaps. I also love full body toning.

I agree ETV is very good. But I know when I get to that fixed income stage in my life I won’t be able to afford those extras like streaming. I often wish they would put more newer content on DVDs. It’s already filmed so I am not sure why they won’t do that. Plus my internet is not consistent and it’s frustrating when in a middle of a workout I lose it.

Good luck. There is a lot of content on ETV.

Mary
Old 07-26-20, 08:57 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post

I agree ETV is very good. But I know when I get to that fixed income stage in my life I won’t be able to afford those extras like streaming. I often wish they would put more newer content on DVDs. It’s already filmed so I am not sure why they won’t do that. Plus my internet is not consistent and it’s frustrating when in a middle of a workout I lose it.

Good luck. There is a lot of content on ETV.

Mary
I am retired and on a fixed income. I also live in a rural area where only satellite internet is available, and satellite internet charges by the gigabyte, so I am DOUBLY unable to take advantage of streaming. I love Classical Stretch/Essentrics and wish they would put all their newer content on DVD. I'd snap it up.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-20, 11:13 AM  
DCW

Does your local PBS stations carry Classical Stretch? In my area Monday thru Friday, it is on at the crack of dawn, e.g., 5:30 and 5 am, 7 am.

I concur with Pam on her suggestions.

Does your library have the dvds? If not does your library share with other libraries in your state? I hope so. You may want to check out Miranda's books, too.

Good luck!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics