Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-16, 02:30 PM  
LaCatrina

Thumbs up HDM Blitzmatics anyone?

I have been doing Blitzmatics and I have to say I love it It's like HDM Classic Toning and DMW had a baby, so for anyone that enjoys Hamelin's toning this one is a must-have.

I did a Bodymatics rotation some months ago, and I have to say Blitzmatics is a couple of notches harder. There are not many breaks, and once you start with a section Hamelin never lets go of the contraction. He also suggests weights on the heavier side compared to most of his workouts - 3 to 4 pound DBs and 2 pound ankle weights (not optional). I even think that probably at first it's better to go heavier for the standing leg section to get the form better and keep the contraction constantly during the set.

It goes like this:

Warm-up: 3 min
Arms (all standing): 14 min
Abs (floor + standing): 16 min
Thighs (all standing): 15 min
Glutes (all-fours): 10 min
Final stretch: 3 min

Hamelin used a very nice space with white walls and a Greek column, and he's with a female backgrounder. She's a trooper - she doesn't even sweat

Rotation-wise, Hamelin is recommending to use Blitzmatics as the main toning componet, along with cardiotone or hi-lo at first, doing BM 4-6 times a week.

Other than that it looks good for doing splits along with cardio (to keep the workout time around an hour), or any section can be used as an add-on after any other workout.

I'm feeling achy in places I hardly ever get DOMS: square in the lowest part of my abs, my inner thighs, in the thutt and in the outer part of my glutes. It's kind of early to tell, but so far I have high hopes in terms of results
Old 12-19-16, 06:44 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Thanks for the review!

I had totally forgotten that I had preordered this so it was a nice surprise the other week I'm looking forward to trying it!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-16, 07:27 PM  
LaCatrina

Sue, hope you like it as much as I do! I see myself doing this one often - it's a great workout, it's tough but not dread-inducing. I feel well worked out afterwards, but not exhausted or anything like that (Glutematics is another story though )
Old 12-19-16, 07:40 PM  
Suzan66

I Blitzmatics!
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-16, 07:54 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
I Blitzmatics!

Isn't it great?
Old 12-19-16, 09:20 PM  
dmlarue1

i love it too! love your description of mix between hdm and dmw.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-16, 09:29 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I got it and I downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet. I need to transfer it from my laptop to the external hard drive so that I can play it on my large screen TV. Unfortunately, I found that my external hard drive that I use for my workouts is incompatible with my Macbook where I downloaded the workout. Maybe this weekend I'll move things around because I want to try this workout.

I also pre-ordered the rebounder/cardio workout. Does anyone know when this one will be ready?
Old 12-20-16, 08:16 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post

Isn't it great?

Absolutely! He just keeps outdoing himself on every new workout. I love the new DMWs and tried Yoga 2a this morning.. total bliss!
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 02:08 PM  
Sweetsal

There was interest on his Facebook group for a Blitzmatics bootcamp rotation in January. I'm sure he'll whip up something fabulous for us.
Sweetsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 10:12 PM  
Theeearn

I just downloaded blitzmatics and really enjoyed it. It will be a great add on to my running or tonique days. Can anyone tell me how the DMW classes differ from his other toning workouts?
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blitzmatics, hamelin d'abell, hdm, step without a step